Import File Validation
This chapter provides information to use the Validate Import File page in BAT to validate the import .tar file.
Import File Validation Items
The Validate Import File page in BAT validates the following items in the import .tar file:
- The .tar file includes a header file.
- All files listed in the header file are actually present in the .tar file.
- All files in the .tar file are listed in header file.
- File names are correct (as per the Import/Export convention).
- File format for the CSV files in the .tar file is correct.
This feature does not include field level validation for valid characters, string length, etc.
Validate Import File
Use the Validate Import File page in BAT to validate the
import .tar file.
The validation procedure is carried out only for the items specified
for the import.tar file.
Validate Import File window displays.
||Select the .tar file name in the
Tar File Name field and click
File Name drop-down list box lists all
uploaded .tar files.
A message in the Status section lets you know that the job
was submitted successfully.
||To check the status of the job, use the Job Scheduler option in
Bulk Administration main menu.
What to Do Next
If there are any problems encountered during validation,
these are listed in the log files.
Topics Related to Import File Validation