Patient view app
The Patient view app has the following new features and enhancements:
- Interface redesign including new icons, labels, and layouts:
– (Optional) Do not disturb icon for header that changes if enabled.
– (Optional) Phone Ringer/Silent mode icon for header that changes if ringer is disabled.
– (Optional) Patient Presence icon for header that changes if presence changes. Requires Cisco Unified Presence Server (CUPS) installed at customer site.
– ‘Care Team Visits’ icon replaced ‘My Visitors’ icon.
– Former ‘Learn’ category divided into two new categories: ‘My Videos’ and ‘Video Library’.
– Moved ‘Relax’ category to a section under the ‘Video Library’ category.
– Restructured the Schedule page.
– Restructured the Progress page.
– Added Day 1 icons.
– Improved Food Menu display.
– Optimized Live TV controls.
– Custom message disclaimer and adaptation.
– Removal of all sample staff images and replaced with gender neutral icons.
– Removal of phone number on Profile page.
– Removal of Profile changed notification.
- Notifications: If an application is disabled, notifications for that application will not be received on the Patient view app.
- Requests: Helper text added to the Requests screen.
- Care Team Visits: Entire care staff team is displayed.
- Food Menu:
– The ‘All category’ on the food menu screen was moved to the bottom of the list after all the other categories.
– Food menu displays message to patient if meal list for the patient is empty.
– Support for both incoming and outgoing audio-only (requirement for patient privacy) and video calls.
– Outgoing audio-only calls are made by choosing the handset icon on the dialpad.
Note If an outgoing call is made using the video option (video camera icon), the call cannot be changed to an audio-only call.
– Support for Caller ID of incoming audio and video calls.
– Outgoing calls display appropriate messages.
– Regardless of which screen is currently active, an incoming call notification is always displayed.
– Patients choose to accept a call with audio only or video. Alternatively, they can decline a call.
– Speed Dial section under Phone is optional.
– Patients can video call an interpreter service using a Speed Dial number. At Parkland, the speed dial screen says “ALVIN” and connects to extension 25846.
– Support for sending DTMF codes to IVR systems that require the patient to press numbers on the dialpad, pillow speaker, or remote control to choose options from a series of menus.
– Enabled closed captioning for video on demand.
– Video controls including a video On/Off setting.
– The full screen button was added to the video controls as the first button.
– Double-clicking a video toggles the view between original size and full screen.
– Videos that have been completely watched by the patient are removed from the patient’s video watch list. These videos are still available from the video library.
– Enabled closed captioning for live TV.
– TV Guide layout changed to display at least seven channels on a page and at least 1.5 hours of programming.
– The +- 12 hours icon is optional. By default, it is hidden.
– Last channel functionality is enabled.
– In-house channels are displayed on the TV Channel Guide.
- Multi-resolution touchscreen supports 1920x1080 and 1366x768.
- Outpatient Room and Public Area support: The Patient view app in Guest/Visitor rooms used primarily by outpatients supports the ability to watch live TV, browse and watch educational content, browse and watch relaxation videos, and choose the language shown.
- Support for Spanish language characters.
- Remote Controls:
– Support for Cisco IEP-IR-K9 Infrared Remote Control.
– Support for Cisco 4400 Infrared Remote Control.
– Support for a 3-button wall remote control and simplified TV navigation using that remote control.
– Ability to disable a viewSonic remote control.
- Predefined/custom messages can be sent to the Patient view app screens.
Care team view app
The Care team view app has the following new features and enhancements:
- Patient view app customization is reflected on the Care team view app.
- Desktop view: The Care team view app will launch the Desktop site when the care staff requests to view it regardless of the browser or device.
- Mobile view: Header size is reduced to show more patient details and patient list on the screen of the mobile device.
- Interface changes:
– Removed Whiteboard tab.
– Removed Me tab.
– Removed Estimated Discharge Date.
– Renamed ‘Discharge Readiness’ to ‘Video Progress’.
- Clear all filters button added in the All Patients tab.
- Patient medical record number (MRN) added.
- (Optional) Patient Presence icon and status added.
- Refresh option added to refresh the location status.
- Rooms filter drop-down menu lists room numbers.
- Patient Videos:
– Care staff can force playback of a video remotely on the Patient view app using the new ‘Play on TV’ button.
– Non-care staff can assign videos to patients.
– Unassigned videos are marked ‘assigned’ when videos are being watched from the Video Library on the Patient view app.
– Edit and delete Patient Goals.
– Completed goals are marked ‘Completed’.
- Patient Messages: Create and send pre-defined or custom messages to patients.
- Patient Surveys: Indicators added to the surveys for those intended for patients above age 13.
- Ability to handle device-only assignment.
Admin view app
The management system for administrators has a number of new features and enhancements.
– ZIP codes are supported and can be configured.
– Channel number and details from Rovi are shown in Channel Guides page.
– Subscribed service provider name displayed in Channel Guides page.
– Subscribed providers have a blue tick mark in Channel Guides page.
– Indication when a subscribed service provider has one more subscribed channels.
– Custom channels can be deleted using the ‘Delete custom channels’ button in the Action menu.
– Custom channel numbers are mandatory.
- Locations: Option to create floor/facility in Locations page.
– All video metadata such as Title, Description, and Link can be deleted using the ‘Delete All Videos’ button from the Action menu.
– Integration with the Nuxeo Content Management System so that the video metadata can be imported into the Admin view app.
– Create custom video and custom content categories.
– TUI option for generating and uploading thumbnails.
– Add video to any Patient view app page.
– Ability to disable automatic assignment of educational videos to patients.
- Localization Import/Export: Facilitates the uploading of translated FAQs, Messages, and Requests to the Admin view app using a spreadsheet. Supports Spanish and Arabic translations.
- Cache Refresh:
– Enables the administrator to refresh caches of the Cisco Patient Connect experience and integration servers to update information from other systems such as EMR.
– When new features/categories are added to the TV application, administrators can refresh the TV App by entering its IP address.
– Messages can be displayed on the Patient view app screens using the Operator Messages tool.
– A separate login for operators allows non-administrators to access Operator Messages tool, create a message, and broadcast it to all Patient view app endpoints or just those in a specific room type.
– Messages can be entered on-the-fly or pre-written and stored for future use.
– The duration of the messages span from 1 minute to permanently displayed on the Patient view app TV screens. Permanent messages will display until the operator clears them from the tool.
– When a message is sent to the Patient view app, all Patient view app features are suspended for the duration of the message.
Cisco Patient Connect is a general purpose communication and entertainment system. It is NOT intended to be used as an emergency notification system. Please use your hospital’s emergency notification system or other communication channels for emergency, time sensitive, or urgent matters.
- Surveys: Options to create, update, and delete Option Groups in Surveys page.
- Speed Dial: Supports configuration of extension to a IVR system such as when patients want to make a video call to a translation service that then requires the patient to choose from a menu to connect to an interpreter.
- Customize: A message to restart Tomcat and refresh the TV App cache is displayed when applications are turned off in the Customize page.