This guide is for administrators who are configuring and managing the WAE Live application. You must have an admin role assigned to configure WAE Live from the web UI.
- Multi-Network Management —Describes how to add, edit, and delete networks, as well as how to set their status to active of offline.
- General Settings —Describes how to configure WAE Live to get plan files from the Collector server, WAE Network Interface (NI) server, or an external archive, and how to set default interface types to use in reports.
- Map Settings —Describes how to configure the Map page, including its panels.
- User-Defined Properties —Describes how to create user-defined properties for use in Explore and Analytics.
Note For information on configuring collection, see the WAE Platform Configuration Guide.
$WAE_ROOT is directory in which the software is installed. On Linux, the default
$CARIDEN_ROOT are the same.)
$CARIDEN_HOME is the directory in which the WAE Design, WAE Live, and WAE Collector executables and binaries are installed. On Linux, the default is
WAE Live data is collected from WAE Collector, which can include the creation and addition of a simulated demand traffic matrix. The data is stored in plan files. WAE Live uses two internal mechanisms, a time-series optimized datastore and an internal archive, to store this data and make available for use in the application. The Map component shows the visualization of these plan files in a weathermap layout. The Explore and Analytics components access the datastore.
To enhance the visualization of these plan files, you can create and edit multiple plan file layouts using the WAE Design GUI. After saving the plan file as a template back to WAE Live, it is applied to the most recently collected plan file and stored for use in the Map.
- Relevant log files are located in
$WAE_ROOT is the installation directory. By default, the installation directory is
/opt/cariden. You can also access log files from the Statistics UI.
- There may be times when the collection status (accessed by clicking Check Status on the Settings > General Settings page) shows no errors, but the number of plan files being collected does not increase. To troubleshoot this and other plan file insertion issues, use the
ml_insert_ctl tool. For information, see
- If you need to contact a support representative, use the
mate_tech_support tool to create a tar file of support information. The output is put into the
/tmp/MATE_TS directory by default. To change the directory in which the results are stored, use the
Example: This creates a tar file of support information and puts the output into the
mate_tech_support -tar-path /troubleshooting
- WAE Platform Configuration Guide
- WAE System Administration Guide
- WAE Network Visualization Guide
- WAE Live User Guide
- WAE Design Integration and Development Guide
- WAE Plan Table Schema and CLI Reference