The following tables list the open and resolved bugs in Cisco WAE Release 6.2.5. The bug ID links you to the Cisco Bug Search tool.
Table 1 Open Bugs
LSPs collected from Huawei NE40E-X16 routers version V600R008C10SPC300 using SNMP are "Unrouted" and the collected IP addresses from hops are not populated in the plan file.
A “404 Page Not Found” error appears when launching WAE Coordinated Maintenance after restarting the web server and logging back in.
To work around this problem, click the Cisco icon and then refresh the page.
PCEP LSPs are not listed in the plan file when the enablePcepLspCollection parameter is set to true in the collection.cfg file.
WAE Design hangs after borrowing a license. This occurs if WAE Design is shut down and a borrowed license is obtained.
To work around this problem, do one of the following:
- Do not close WAE Design after borrowing a license.
- If you must close WAE Design, shut down the network connection from your computer before launching WAE Design again. After WAE Design is launched, you can enable your network connection.
Table 2 Resolved Bugs
Interfaces do not correlate to the correct remote interface.
The WAE inventory collector doesn’t work. The
build_inventory command hangs.
build_inventory does not capture all inventory data.
get_inventory does not use the net_access.txt file.
The WAE Live map freezes because the plan file is cached indefinitely.
When the Map.AuthEnabled parameter is set to false in the config.xml file, you still must enter credentials.
Using the Bug Search Tool
Use the Bug Search tool to search for a specific bug or to search for all bugs in a release.
Step 1 Go to http://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch.
Step 2 At the Log In screen, enter your registered Cisco.com user name and password; then, click Log In. The Bug Search page opens.
Note If you do not have a Cisco.com user name and password, you can register for them at http://tools.cisco.com/RPF/register/register.do.
Step 3 To search for a specific bug, enter the bug ID in the Search For field and press Return.
Step 4 To search for bugs in the current release:
a. In the Search For field, enter a problem, feature, or a product name (for example, Cisco WAN Automation Engine) and press Return. (Leave the other fields empty.)
b. When the search results are displayed, use the filter tools to find the types of bugs you are looking for. You can search for bugs by modified date, status, severity, and so forth.
To export the results to a spreadsheet, click the Export Results to Excel link.
This section describes the limitations and restrictions for Cisco WAE.
Cisco WAE Design
In some Linux installations with Xfce desktop installed, the documentation does not open from the WAE Design GUI Help menu. The workaround is to do one of the following:
- Open the help files from a terminal in the
- Install a default browser.
- Install the following packages:
yum groupinstall "X Window System"
yum groupinstall "Desktop"
yum groupinstall "General Purpose Desktop"
Cisco WAE Live
- L2 interface types are categorized incorrectly as “individual physical interfaces” on the Explore Interfaces page.
- The “Unknown” interface type is not used.
Cisco WAE Collector
- LSPs are unroutable due to extremely large setup bandwidth values.
This problem occurs when executing snmp_find_rsvp on XE devices running Cisco IOS Release 15.2. This problem is not reproducible using a similar configuration on a local XE node running Cisco IOS Release 15.4. Therefore, the recommendation is to upgrade the XE device to Cisco IOS Release 15.4 or later.
- Due to vendor MIB limitations, Collector cannot represent QoS traffic on interfaces that have more than one VLAN configured. If a network contains such interfaces, their queue traffic statistics are omitted from the collection. The total traffic on these interfaces is still measured. As a result, per class-of-service demands estimated through Demand Deduction are less accurate. Estimates of traffic totals over all classes of services, however, are not affected.
- Due to lack of MIB support, SR tunnel type is not collected for Cisco IOS XR routers through SNMP.
- If upgrading the Collector server from 5.6x to 6.1x or 6.2, the
$CARIDEN_ROOT/etc/collector/server/db-persistence/DiscoveryEngineImplementation.db file must be removed prior to starting the web server. Since installation automatically starts the web server, the recommendation is to remove this prior to installation.
- OSPFv3 and IPv6 IS-IS databases cannot be collected. The workaround is to use a manual snapshot.
- SNMPv3 device access is not supported. The workaround is to use a manual snapshot and
Cisco WAE Network Interface Server
Continuous PCEP LSP collection does not support SR tunnels. Note that you can collect SR tunnels through PCEP using the Collector server or snapshots.
– Does not support association of a GRE tunnel with the physical interface it uses to reach the tunnel destination since the IP-Tunnel MIB lacks this information.
– Does not update LAG port status if LAGs are discovered running both
snmp_find_interfaces. The workaround is to run only
- Juniper routers: Signaled standby LSP path option is not available from the standard MPLS-TE MIB for Juniper routers. Only the active path option name is collected.
- IOS XR routers:
– IGP topology collected through
IS-IS link-state database with TE extensions contains incorrect interface “admin-weights” (TE metric) on Intel-based routers.
IPv6 IS-IS link-state database does not contain IPv6 interface addresses or parallel interfaces. This information is only available when Cisco IOS XR supports IS-IS IPv6 TE extensions. The
snmp_find_interfaces tool collects this information.
– MAC Accounting is not supported.
snmp_find_rsvp does not set the Standby value in the <LSPPaths> table for signaled backup paths or collect named affinities configured with affinity-maps.
find_bgp does not build BGP pseudo-nodes among internal ASNs.
find_bgp does not collect BGP peers under PE-CE VRFs.
– Does not accurately detect the bandwidth of some Juniper ‘ge’ interfaces that have a capacity of 10 Gbps.
– Collects POS bundles, but has limitations due to unavailability of the port OperStatus property.
- TE Extended Admin Groups (EAGs), also known as extended affinities, are not supported.
- Port circuits are not built for LAG/bundle members whose nodes are not within the same IGP instance as the AS.
- There is no support for building port circuits for LAG members that are not within the same IGP (inter-AS circuits).
- It is not possible to distinguish between physically connected and unconnected LAG ports that are down for LAG port matching.
snmp_find_ospf_db cannot be used when routers have a large number of links that cannot fit into a single PDU.
find_bgpls does not support multi-area OSPF or multi-level IS-IS, non-TE-enabled interfaces, and pseudo-nodes. The workaround is to use SNMP- or login-based discovery.
get_inventory does not collect Juniper multi-chassis router hardware inventory.
- Segment routing:
– SR LAN adjacency SIDs and pseudo-node creation are not supported.
– SR protected adjacency SIDs are not supported.
– Concurrent RSVP-TE and SR-TE paths are not supported on the same LSP.
SAM-OSS Integration with Snapshots
sam_getplan does not populate the <NodeTraffic> table. This table is derived and populated when
sam_getplan and SNMP tools are used together.
sam_getplan does not populate the NetIntActivePath column in the <LSPs> table.
sam_getplan and SNMP tools are used together in the snapshot process for multi-vendor network collection, Alcatel-Lucent traffic measurements cannot be aligned with those collected from other router platforms.
Cisco Open SDN Controller (OSC)
During detailed PCEP tunnel creation or when modifying PCEP tunnels, affinity values are misinterpreted if multiple affinities are specified. This limits you to specifying one affinity for IncludeAffinity, IncludeAnyAffinity, and ExcludeAffinity, and each of these values must be a number within [0,31].
Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) Controller
- LSPs that exist in the network by another controller cannot be updated.
- Cisco IOS XR: WAE client specifies the XR LSP signaled-name, while NSO service and device use tunnel-id. The workaround is to deploy all IOS XR LSPs using the tunnel-id and to make sure that existing LSPs are not redeployed.
- LSPs that have a named-path used by another LSP cannot be deleted.
- NEDs (NSO console)
– For Cisco IOS XR, there is no option to give the IP address of the LSP directly; you can only specify a loopback address. There is no option to give tunnel affinity values directly; you can only specify an affinity-map name.
– For Junos, there is no inter-domain keyword, which is used only when an inter-area LSP is created.
Installation and Startup
- The WAE Network Interface (NI) server and the WAE Core server cannot reside on the same device or on the same VM. Note that the Cisco WAE Server Installation Guide assumes that they are on the same device. If needed, contact your support representative for installation details.
- If the OS is using an old CA certificate to verify the integrity of the EPEL repository, you might see the following error from the OS vendor:
Error: Cannot retrieve metalink for repository: epel. Please verify its path and try again.
– One workaround is to perform an offline installation. For instructions, refer to the “Offline Installation” chapter in the Cisco WAE Server Installation Guide.
– Another workaround is to change https to http.
Note This is not a secure solution. For information on how to resolve OS security issues, contact your OS vendor.
1. In the
/etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo file, change the first instance of https to http.
sudo vim /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo
http in the following line:
2. Execute yum to clean up makecache.
sudo yum clean all && yum makecache
3. Re-run the installer. For detailed installation instructions, see the Cisco WAE Server Installation Guide.
sudo bash wae-k9-<version>.bin
$CARIDEN_HOME directory is not automatically added to
$CARIDEN_HOME/bin is). If not in
$CARIDEN_HOME/bin, to start the WAE Design GUI from the command line, you must specify its full path.
embedded_web_server tool is deprecated. The recommendation is to use the
wae-web-server service, which is constantly monitored to be brought up automatically.
By default, this web service starts upon installation completion. Therefore, if you stop the web server using the
embedded_web_server tool (
embedded_web_server -action stop), the web server does not stop. The workaround is the following:
service wae-svcs-mon stop
embedded_web_server -action stop
WAE Statistics UI
The WAE Statistics page does not open in all browsers. The workaround is the following:
1. Click the WAE Statistics link. The URL format is https:// <server_IP> :8443. Example:
2. Copy the URL of this page to another browser window.
3. In the new browser, change the URL port from 8443 to 8843. Example:
4. Follow the browser messages to accept the connection and add it as an exception.
Web User Management
Both the System UI and the WAE Design Archive UI have local user management capabilities. If both are used to configure users, WAE uses the most recently updated information. The recommendation is to use only the System UI to manage local users.
License Check Failures on Newer Linux Distributions
Some newer Linux distributions have started using a new way (via
biosdevname) of naming hardware devices, including the network interfaces. This causes some software that depends on the traditional naming (for example,
eth1) to fail on license checks, including MATE.
The workaround is to append
biosdevname=0 to the kernel line of the grub configuration file and reboot. (Syntax varies among distributions.)
After reboot, you should be able to use ifconfig to verify that the NICs are named
eth1,...) instead of the
biosdevname names (such as
Certain tools (such as
parse_configs) may require more memory to start than what is available. The symptom is an error message similar to the following:
Error occurred during initialization of VM.
Could not reserve enough space for object heap.
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
The workaround is to set the maximum memory to a low enough value in the
CARIDEN_JAVA_OPTIONS variable before calling the tool. An example setting is as follows:
The Cisco WAE Design GUI Installation Guide does not identify WAE Design as being part of the WAE Planning software package.
WAE Collector inventory collection configuration is documented accurately, but it is not based on the use of the shipped default hardware inventory configuration files.
The documentation is missing the following. For information, contact your support representative.
- WAE Design RSVP TE Opt tool
- New or changed WAE Core configurations (.cfg file configurations) for OSC extensions, LSP deployment through NSO controller, wae-appenginecore (which exposes Design APIs through REST), WAE REST API credentials, and calendaring projections
- SR LSP collection
- NSO integration