Step 1 Install the license or licenses. Collector and the web applications require a MATE license. The WAE Core modules require both a MATE and a WAE license. For information, see the License Installation chapter.
Step 2 If you are installing, starting, or upgrading the MATE Live datastore (mld), stop the web server. For more information about the MATE Live datastore, see the MATE Live Configuration Guide.
a. Stop the web server.
service wae-web-server stop
b. Install, start, or upgrade MATE Live datastore.
– Install and start mld server:
mld -action install -size [DSML]
– Start mld server:
mld -action start
– Upgrade an existing mld server and start it:
mld -action upgrade
c. Start the web server.
service wae-web-server start
Step 3 If you are collecting flow data using
flow_get, you must change the file capabilities for the flow collection server. This applies to all binaries in
$CARIDEN_HOME/lib/ext/pmacct/sbin. If not, execute this command on all files in this directory.
setcap 'cap_net_bind_service=+ep' $CARIDEN_HOME/lib/ext/pmacct/sbin/*
Step 4 Both the
wae-web-server and the
wae-collector are automatically started. Others may have been started, depending on how you responded to the installation process. If needed, start other services now. For information, see the Services chapter.
Step 5 The licensed features you have determines what needs to be configured. See the Configurations section for a list of these and pointers where to go for information.
The licenses you have govern which of the following configurations are required after having installed the product.
- Configure the FlexNet Publisher license server—Applicable if administering floating licenses to MATE Design users. For information, see the MATE Design Floating License Server chapter.
- Configure the WAE platform—For information, see the WAE Platform Configuration Guide.
– Configure the Collector module to collect network data and traffic. You can configure collection either using the Collector UI or using snapshot configuration files.
– Configure other WAE platform modules, including the Deployer module.
- Configure MATE Live—For information, see the MATE Live Configuration Guide.
– Install and configure the datastore—Applicable if using MATE Live Explore and Analytics components.
– Configure MATE Live to collect the data from Collector—Applicable if using both MATE Live and Collector.
– Customize MATE Live application for its users—Applicable if you are the administrator of MATE Live.
- Customize the MATE Design Archive application for its users—For information, see the MATE Design Archive User and Administration Guide.
- Configure system-wide parameters for MATE Live and MATE Design Archive users—For information, see the System Administration Guide.
– Configure users and their roles.
– If applicable, configure access to an LDAP server and mappings between LDAP groups and MATE roles.
– Configure access to the SMTP server used for emailing MATE Live reports.
- Enhance network visualization—Lay out the network topology for the plan file template used in the MATE Live and MATE Design Archive applications. For information, see the MATE Visualization Guide.