This document describes how to reset the root password for Cisco Jabber Guest.
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of CentOS 6.
The information in this document is based on Cisco Jabber Guest.
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
The root password for the Cisco Jabber Guest server is forgotten or lost.
Complete these steps in order to resolve the issue:
- Open a console session for the Jabber Guest server and reboot.
- Press any key on the keyboard in order to interrupt the boot process.
- Press e to edit.
- Select kernel from the entries and press e to edit.
- Add the word single to the end of the line and press Enter.
- Press b to boot.
The Jabber Guest server boots into Single User Mode.
- Enter passwd root in order to change the password for the 'root' user. This prompts you for the new password.
- Once the root password has been changed, reboot the server and you now have a new root password.