This document describes how to resolve issues when you connect to the RabbitMQ User Interface (UI).
There are no specific requirements for this document.
The information in this document is based on 4.7.X and 4.8.X.
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
When you try to connect to http://IP_address_of_AMQP:15672 via your browser, you receive a "refused to connect" error.
Also on RabbitMQ console, this is what you see:
[root@amqp ~]# rabbitmqctl status
Status of node rabbit@amqp ...
Error: unable to connect to node rabbit@amqp: nodedown
attempted to contact: [rabbit@amqp]
* connected to epmd (port 4369) on amqp
* epmd reports: node 'rabbit' not running at all
no other nodes on amqp
* suggestion: start the node
current node details:
- node name: 'rabbitmq-cli-3496@amqp'
- home dir: /var/lib/rabbitmq
- cookie hash: gsXBP8HgENjwAKcRmvMU6A==
1. Reconfigure the Virtual Machine's (VM's) hostname.
Update /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname with the new hostname.