This document describes how to troubleshoot the error that occurs when Windows worker image is installed.
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of these topics:
- Windows 2012 server
- Virtual Machine Environments
The information in this document is based on these software versions:
- CloudCenter version 4.6.x to 4.8.x
- Windows 2012 worker image
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
While you install the Cliqr tools for Windows 2012, you might encounter issues even though you see the "installation successful” message. This document helps you through the steps which can identify the fault and rectify the same.
Follow this to check for faults in installation:
- In the installation folder c:\Program Files\osmosix\, the only uninstaller will be present.
- There will be no trace of c:\opt folder present in the Worker image after installation.
- All the installation related events are logged in C:\cliqr_modules.log.
Log snipped to find the fault:
C:\temp\setup.ps1 : Missing an argument for parameter 'cloudtype'. Specify a
parameter of type 'System.String' and try again.
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [setup.ps1], ParentContains
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : MissingArgument,setup.ps1
Ensure that these prerequisites are met before you start the installation:
- If proxy is enabled, allow bypass for local IP’s.
- Windows image is up-to-date and automatic update is enabled at the time of the installation. In a few cases, you will have to add an exception or disable IE enhanced security configuration.
- Configure and save the User Account Control Level to Never Notify.
- Ensure and verify that PowerShell version 4.0 runs.
- Ensure that "Bypass the PowerShell ExecutionPolicy" is enabled.
- Disable or add an exception in the firewall (add a Windows firewall rule to allow inbound TCP port 1433 access for SQL server., and another firewall rule to allow inbound TCP port 8888 access to agent service).
- Ensure that local repo is up and reachable from worker image if it is available.
Once it's done, open PowerShell, navigate to the folder where you downloaded the installer.
Execute the command:
.\cliqr_installer.exe /CLOUDTYPE=amazon(or other cloud) /CLOUDREGION=default
Ensure that there is no space between keys and values, because if there is a space between cloudtype and cloud name, an installation will proceed without any interruption and finish successfully, but will exhibit the mentioned issue.
Once installation is completed, naviagte to Jetty Services and ensure that it is set to automatic and runs.
Once worker image creation completed, take a snapshot. template and map the image in CCM UI. To verify, model a simple windows application and deploy it.