® SRW224P 24-Port 10/100 + 2-Port Gigabit Switch (Figure 1) offers a highly secure way to expand your network. Web-based configuration of the switch is secured using SSL. User access is verified using 802.1X security with a RADIUS authentication mechanism and can also be controlled using MAC-based filtering.
Extensive quality of service (QoS) features makes the solution ideal for real-time applications such as voice and video. The four priority queues, together with the weighted round-robin and strict priority scheduling techniques, facilitate efficient coexistence of real-time traffic with data traffic, allowing each to meet its QoS needs. Individual users or applications can be prioritized above others using various class of service options - by port, Layer 2 priority (802.1p), or Layer 3 priority (type of service [ToS] or differentiated services code point [DSCP]). Intelligent broadcast and multicast storm control minimizes and contains the effect of these types of traffic on regular traffic. Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping limits bandwidth-intensive video traffic to only the requestors without flooding all users. Incoming traffic can be policed, allowing you to control network access and traffic flow.
Other features of the Cisco SRW224P allow you to expand and grow your network of switches. Link aggregation allows multiple high-bandwidth trunks between switches to be set up. This also provides reliability, in that the system continues to operate if one of the links breaks. Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Fast STP, and Multiple STP allow you to build a mesh of switches, increasing the availability of the system.
The rich features of the WebView management software include Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Remote Monitoring (RMON), and HTTP management options, allowing you to flexibly integrate and manage these devices in your network.
Automatic load sensing in the power control circuitry automatically detects Power over Ethernet on connected devices before providing power. Power feeding of Ethernet is provided on the 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX ports, with maximum output power per port of up to 15.4W simultaneously on 12 ports. Alternatively, the switch can power all ports at a maximum of 7.5W per port. Each port has independent overload and short-circuit protection, with LED indicators for power status for each port.
• Twenty-four 10/100 switched RJ-45 ports deliver up to 200 Mbps of throughput per port
• Two 10/100/1000 switched RJ-45 Gigabit uplink ports (with two shared mini Gigabit Interface Converter [mini-GBIC] ports)
• WebView monitoring allows administrators to view the current status and configuration using their favorite web browser
• Port-based and 802.1Q-based VLANs support up to 128 VLANs
• Port trunking for up to four groups (with up to eight ports in a group) allows you to increase your bandwidth for each uplink or server connection
• Port configuration settings for link, speed, automatic medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X), flow control, and more
• Fully rack mountable using the included rack-mounting hardware
• Auto MDI/MDI-X per port allows for automatic cable detection
• MAC address table supports up to 8000 entries
• Optimal platform to support real-time applications such as voice and video, with features like IGMP snooping, multiple queues (four) with appropriate scheduling techniques, prioritization of traffic based on Layer 2/Layer 3 priority, and line rate forwarding mechanisms
• Secure control with SSL for HTTP interface
• User/network security via 802.1X (with RADIUS authentication) and MAC-based filtering
• Containment of storms - broadcast and multicast
• Expandability and availability increased across multiple switches using link aggregation
• SNMP and RMON management expand your visibility options
Table 1 contains the specifications, package contents, and minimum requirements for the Cisco SRW224P 24-Port 10/100 + 2-Port Gigabit Switch.
Table 1. Specifications for the Cisco SRW224P 24-Port 10/100 + 2-Port Gigabit Switch: WebView/PoE
• 24 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX
• 2 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T with 2 shared Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) slots
• Console port
• Auto MDI/MDI-X
• Auto negotiate/manual setting
• Unshielded twisted pair (UTP) Category 5 or better for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
• UTP Category 5 Ethernet or better for 1000BASE-T
10/100 Link/Act, PoE, 2 Gig Link/Act, Speed, System
8.8 Gbps nonblocking
MAC table size
Number of VLANs
128 active VLANs
Web user interface
Built-in web user interface for easy browser-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS)
• Web-based utility: Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 5.5 or later)
• Category 5 Ethernet network cables
• Operating system: Windows 2000, XP, or later
5-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and 90-day limited software warranty
Cisco Limited Warranty for Cisco Small Business Series Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a 5-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 90-day limited software warranty. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to: