● Connect 100G leaf and spine switches in data center applications
● Establish low-cost 100G links up to 500m over duplex Single-Mode Fiber (SMF) using duplex LC connectors
● Interoperate with any optic compliant with IEEE 100GBASE-DR specification
● Connect to 400G switches and routers without sacrificing port bandwidth
● Connect to smaller 100G form factors in the future
Over the past several years, pluggable optics have progressed not only in speed, but also in complexity to support ever-increasing data rates. This complexity is not without consequence. With today’s 100G optics, it now affects your network hardware cost and fiber infrastructure design.
To address this, Cisco has taken the first step toward a vision that is based on single-lambda 100G optics. Single-lambda 100G enables you to position yourself for future upgrades to 400G or new 100G form factors without sacrificing your investment today.
The 100G QSFP28 DR pluggable optic module
Cisco® Optics provides operational flexibility for data center operators
100G DR is a new addition to Cisco’s line of single-lambda 100G optics.
With 100G DR, you can:
● Transition your data center network to smaller, next-generation 100G form factors without sacrificing early investment.
● Upgrade to 400G host platforms one site at a time.
● Adopt a PAM4-based optical standard that interoperates with 400G transceivers.
As a network operator, you can always count on Cisco to focus on optics solutions that provide real-world benefits.
Protect your investment with QSFP28 100G DR (PID: QSFP-100G-DR-S), preparing your network today for the network upgrades you’ll need tomorrow. For additional information, visit www.cisco.com/go/optics.