You want to accelerate innovation by developing and modernizing applications with microservices across the data center, remote locations, the edge, and public cloud environments. Your organization needs the flexibility to build a hybrid cloud that delivers agility and innovation. Configuring and managing Kubernetes across hybrid cloud environments can be complicated, because it requires manual effort and multiple tools for clustering, networking, monitoring, security, etc.
Cisco and Google Cloud are co-innovating to deliver a common and secure Kubernetes experience across on-premises and cloud environments that minimizes business and technical risks. We have partnered together to allow you to run distributed workloads consistently, reliably, and securely in production-ready hybrid environments. This provides you with a common methodology to support microservices and ease of accessing services from the cloud or on premises.
● Start quickly and easily deploy Kubernetes-based applications in on-premises (including edge) environments using a leading hyperconverged platform
● Establish a common and secure Kubernetes experience across on-premises and the public cloud
● Extend your existing on-premises applications and infrastructure into the public cloud without increasing risk and complexity
● Drive application agility with access to industry-leading tools, technologies, and platforms from Google Cloud and Cisco
Cisco HyperFlex™ hyperconverged infrastructure provides a common building block for Kubernetes-based as well as virtualized workloads. When a HyperFlex or HyperFlex Edge system is used with Google Cloud’s Anthos, they work together to provide a consistent experience whether on premises, in the Google Cloud, or in other public clouds. The HyperFlex Container Storage Interface (CSI) plug-in extends the performance, efficiency, and resiliency of HyperFlex to Kubernetes stateful applications. Anthos provides a ubiquitous platform that is consistent, secure, and reliable across environments.
This solution enables you to quickly deploy and manage Kubernetes-based applications on Cisco HyperFlex or the public cloud. Cisco Intersight™ includes an installation wizard to install, configure, and deploy Cisco HyperFlex clusters in any on-premises location – your data center, remote locations, or edge environments. If you have HyperFlex already, there’s no need to upgrade your system. You just order Google Cloud’s Anthos,* and you can begin deploying clusters and moving them to and from on premises and the cloud seamlessly.
Cisco and Google Cloud are co-innovating to create a unified and secure framework that includes your on-premises and public cloud environments. This means you can easily access any Google Cloud service and deploy it where you want to. In the future you will be able to deploy workloads to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other public clouds as Anthos is enhanced to support these cloud platforms.
Our partnership ensures your investment is protected, and you have the flexibility to implement distributed applications as it makes sense to your organization. You can transition organically, by efficiently blending your existing assets, tools, and applications with new cloud-native technologies. Developers can build distributed applications across both public cloud and on-premises environments, and you don’t have to worry about security, compliance, or getting locked in.
We have worked with Google Cloud to develop the Cisco® hybrid architecture for Google Cloud’s Anthos. It provides an easy way to get started with hybrid cloud while offering the flexibility to add optional software and hardware components.* This framework provides a consistent, production-grade environment that can be customized to meet your needs. You can add components for networking, security, and management as it makes sense to your organization. Such components include the following:
● Automated deployment and proactive management and support with Cisco Intersight
● Consistent, policy-driven on-premises networking using Cisco ACI™ and the Container Network Interface (CNI) plug-in
● Cisco SD-WAN for secure hybrid WAN across remote offices, retail stores, and edge locations
● Proactive security and thread detection by integrating Cisco Stealthwatch® Cloud with Google’s VPC Flow Logs in your on-premises environment
This multicloud architecture also includes enhanced application management capabilities with Cisco CloudCenter™ and AppDynamics®.