Cisco® Webex is a powerful collaboration solution that provides a secure, virtual learning environment for continuous learning before, during, and after class. Through the Cisco Webex® Education Connector, Cisco Webex deeply integrates video and messaging collaboration with leading Learning Management Systems (LMS). Current integrated LMS platforms include: Canvas by Instructure, Blackboard Learn and Blackboard Learn Ultra, Schoology, D2L Brightspace, Moodle, and Sakai. The Webex Education Connector integrates with any LMS that supports Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) 1.1.
● Integrated solution - Utilize Webex Meetings and Webex Teams right inside the LMS platform.
● Schedule and join classes - Educators schedule and teach classes remotely within the LMS; students simply click one button to join a class.
● Create teams and spaces - Educators create groups with students in each course within the LMS. Messaging chats can be 1:1 or in group team spaces.
● Collaboration - Students and educators can access and share content, collaborate, and interactively share whiteboards and annotated content for increased creativity, brainstorming, and communication.
● Simple and increase productivity - Eliminate transitions between tools to collaborate seamlessly before and after formal class instruction.
The Webex Education Connector brings the best classroom, distance learning, and project collaboration experience from Webex right inside LMS platforms. Webex Education Connector natively integrates Webex Meetings and Webex Teams™ in LMS platforms. Webex Meetings offers the ability to host classroom instructions and meetings. Webex Teams keeps educators, students, and faculty staff connected through messaging, file sharing, whiteboarding, and calling.
● Classroom collaboration - Create spaces for classes and group projects and invite students to participate on any device, from any location.
● Virtual meetings and collaboration - Hold class and share whiteboards and annotated content for increased creativity and collaboration during and after class. Encourage participation, track attendance, control interruptions, and manage recordings.
● The ability to schedule office hours - Directly in the LMS, schedule and share office hours with students. Scheduled sessions appear in the Virtual Meetings tab listed with other scheduled meetings.
● Instructor-designed analytics - Understand student engagement through course analytics. Insightful analytics are designed to give instructors deeper understanding of how each class is engaging through the Cisco Webex collaboration tools.
● Centralized administration - Control features and visibility settings through the Webex Education Connector admin console (currently not available with Blackboard Learn and Blackboard Learn Ultra at this time).
● Highly secure - Securely enable teaching and learning anywhere and at any time.
Stay connected with new Webex Education Connector features and announcements
Look to Cisco to provide a simple, secure, reliable platform for distance learning and administrative collaboration that can be integrated right into your LMS.