Safeguard Vital Data, Mitigate Business Risk
The Cisco Payment Card Industry (PCI) Solution for Retail is designed to help you address PCI industry requirements. It focuses on highly secure credit card processing and data management.
Learn about the PCI DSS standard.
PCI Simplified-An Animated Journey
Designed to reduce the burdensome nature of PCI compliance, this comprehensive solution includes:
- The Cisco Compliance Solution for PCI is a complete end-to-end architecture comprising more than 30 Cisco products and technology partner solutions.
- The Cisco Payment Card Industry (PCI) Design and Implementation Guide (DIG), an in-depth, roadmap for retail organizations looking to achieve PCI compliance. It addresses technologies such as segmentation, virtualization, wireless, and mobile payments.
- The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Design Guide provides simplified recommendations for PCI.
"The Art of Compliance" Show
Cisco hosted an "Art of Compliance" PCI art show to help draw attention to the launch of the PCI DSS 2.0 solution. Each artist in this show was given a description of the solution, along with the 12 requirements, general networking information, and an overview of data security.
The art here represents their interpretations of this information. It also aims to provoke conversation, create awareness, and educate. Enjoy the show.
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) is designed to provide greater clarity and flexibility to the requirements and ease implementation for merchants. Cisco can help you mitigate risk and build loyalty by safeguarding employee and customer data as well as managing your system as standards change in the future.
Resources: Cisco Compliance Solution for PCI
- A Platform for Protecting Data: A Single, Integrated System (Flash)
- White Paper: PCI 3.0 Compliance Update: A Cisco and Verizon Partner Perspective (PDF - 180 KB)
- White Paper: PCI, HIPAA, and SOX Standards Simplified (PDF - 315 KB)
- Overview: Cisco TrustSec for PCI Scope Reduction (PDF - 620 KB)
- PCI Security Standard VoD (Video - 2:32)
- At a Glance: Simplify PCI Compliance (PDF - 612 KB)
- White Paper: PCI Compliance: Preparing for Changes (PDF - 517 KB)
- PCI DSS podcast (Audio - 3:05 min)
Learn about the impending compliance deadline, benefits of the Cisco solution and advantages of the whole offer incentives.
Cisco Compliance Solution for PCI
- PCI DSS Financing At-a-Glance (PDF - 892 KB)
Learn about financing the PCI DSS solution through Cisco Capital.
- Cisco Payment Card Industry (PCI) Design and Implementation Guide
To validate products for the PCI Solution for Retail, Cisco built a lab using the Connected Retail Network architecture. Assessment was made by a PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), and the guide provides compliance and security best practices.
- PCI: Maintaining Compliance in a Mobile, Cloud and Virtualized IT World (PDF - 1.02 MB)
Details from the Lippis Report Research Note, August 2011.
- Preparing for PCI Compliance Changes (PDF - 4.3 MB)
This Cisco Point of View Whitepaper will help you understand the primary impact of the latest changes, the effect of emerging technologies on PCI, and ways to simplify compliance.
- Verizon 2014 Payment Card Industry Compliance Report (PDF - 1.1 MB)
This annual report analyzes findings from actual PCI DSS assessments conducted by Verizon's team of QSAs.
- The Data Security Imperative: Moving Beyond PCI to Ensure Customer Protection
Learn how a holistic approach to security enables compliance but also improves processes, lowers costs and lowers risk for the entire organization as well.
- A New Era of Compliance (PDF - 2.4 MB)
This RSA report provides a comprehensive set of recommendations from the world's leading security officers and an expert in data protection to help organizations align their programs to the heightened demands of today's compliance landscape and prepare for tomorrow.
From adaptive security appliances to transaction logs, discover everything your business needs to help secure data and ensure consumer privacy.
- Introduction to PCI (Video - 02:13 min)
- PCI Solution Overview (Video - 06:14 min)
- PCI Technology Partners (Video - 04:56 min)
- Technical Highlights of the PCI Architecture (Video - 07:04 min)
- Cisco PCI Solution Brochure for Retail (PDF - 276 KB)
- PCI Compliance
- PCI Fact Sheet (PDF - 458 KB)
- Cisco Secure Store – A Unified Approach to Securing Assets and Brand Image (PDF - 160 KB)
- PCI Solution
- Credit Card Security for Retail
- Payment Security Solutions for the Long Term
- Payment Protection Solutions for Long-Term PCI Compliance
See how the Cisco PCI solution helps companies maintain industry requirements and create a reliable customer network.
- Warehouse Club Chain Improves Member Services (Video - 3:18 min)
- Department Store Chain (Video - 2:57 min)
- Electronics Retailer (PDF - 174 KB)
- Wholesale Warehouse Chain (PDF - 201 KB)
- Restaurant Chain (PDF - 202 KB)
- Supermarket Chain (PDF - 204 KB)
- Sporting Goods Chain (PDF - 201 KB)
- Women's Clothing Store Chain (PDF - 203 KB)
- Religious Products Retailer (PDF - 201 KB)
- Military Retailer (PDF - 202 KB)
- Piggly Wiggly: Compliance and Increasted Productivity (PDF - 524 KB)
Architected and audited store environments that serve as guides to help you address PCI requirements.
- PCI Solution for Retail Design and Implementation Guide (Registration required)
- PCI Solution for Retail Abstract (PDF - 396 KB)
Understand the components and value of The Cisco PCI Solution for Retail Design and Implementation Guide. Read a summary of the key elements of Cisco's PCI compliance documentation.
Industry White Papers
Read authoritative reports that provide thought leadership and detailed retail solutions.
- Cisco Unified Wireless Network Solution Positioning for the New PCI DSS Wireless Guideline, 2009 (PDF - 246 KB)
- Credit Card Secure Architecture for Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Applications, 2010 (PDF - 685 KB)
Learn about Cisco's specialized service offering: PCI Compliance Services for Retail.
- Assess Your Compliance with Today's PCI DSS Standards (PDF - 1.8 MB)
Relevant Solution Products
Safeguard your network and your customers' data from unauthorized access.
- Cisco IOS Firewall
- Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances Firewall Edition
- Firewall Services Module (FWSM) for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Switches and Cisco 7600 Series Routers
Attack and Intrusion Prevention
Quickly identify and protect your company from network attacks before they cause serious damage.
- Cisco IPS 4200 Series Sensors
- Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances IPS Edition
- IDS Services Module-2 (IDSM-2) for Cisco Catalyst 6500
Internet Use Protection
Stop threats including viruses, worms, spyware, spam, and phishing, and control unwanted mail and web content to maintain user productivity. Featured products include:
Virtual Private Networks
Increase the reach of your network by enabling remote offices, teleworkers, and business partners to securely access your network. Featured products include:
Network Admission Control (NAC)
Enforce security policy compliance on all devices seeking to access network resources. Featured products include:
Simplify and automate the tasks associated with security management operations, including configuration, monitoring, analysis, and response. Featured products include:
Data Center/Data Security
Secure your data at rest by delivering encryption as a SAN service:
Routing and Switching
Cisco provides a broad portfolio of hardware and software tools to enable efficient, effective service delivery over your infrastructure.
Cisco Compliance Solution for PCI: Partner Solution Profiles
View solution profiles from Cisco's technology partners.