Develop, Model, and Monitor
Connected Grid Design Suite helps utilities implement new automated substations. (2:39 min)
Improve Grid Reliability, Compliance, and Cost Savings
Enhance Utility Operations
The Cisco Substation Automation solution helps utility operators face a variety of business and operational challenges by offering solutions that comply with industry standards such as IEC 61850 and IEEE 1613. Cisco offers substation automation products and services designed to provide a reliable and secure communications network to enable:
- Protection and control
- Remote diagnostics
- Predictive maintenance solutions
- Overview: New Substation LAN and WAN Solutions (PDF - 1.46 MB)
- Connected Grid Design Suite Solution Overview (PDF - 393 KB)
- Alstom Grid and Cisco (PDF - 783 KB)
- Cisco Connected Grid Portfolio (PDF - 2 MB)
- Connected Grid Solutions for the Substation At-A-Glance (PDF - 490 KB)
- Improve Wide Area Monitoring (PDF - 556 KB)
- Extending the Smart Grid into the Wind Farm Substation
Webcast On-Demand: Registration Required
- State Grid of China Expands Network with Connected Grid Design Suite (PDF - 1.2 MB)
Connected Grid Design Suite helps plan thousands of substations.
- Western Power Distribution Chooses Cisco (PDF - 795 KB)
Building a pilot communications infrastructure to support 11kV grid reinforcement monitoring.
- Ausgrid and Cisco Services Help Create Smarter Substations in Australia (PDF - 224 KB)
Architectural approach focuses on helping Ausgrid to achieve security and operational efficiency for substation automation.
- Electric Utility Streamlines Substation Operations (PDF - 313 KB)
Duke Energy standardizes on Cisco Connected Grid for migrating serial networks to a standards-based IP infrastructure.
- Hydroelectric Power Plant Integrates Communications (PDF - 153 KB)
Russian Federation energy company improves safety and efficiency with Cisco Smart Grid solutions.
- Energy Company Secures Physical Sites and Substation Network (PDF - 187 KB)
First Wind implements IP-based video surveillance, physical access controls, and connected grid solutions.
- Connected Grid Design Services Substation Workbench (4:09 min)
- Substation Automation (3:45 min)
- Next Generation Utility Core Operational Networks (4:29 min)
- IP Multicast Technology for PMU Networks (4:19 min)
- Case Study: Western Power Distribution Chooses Cisco (8:55 min)
- Connected Grid Services
- Integrating Substation IT and OT Device Access and Management (PDF - 1.1 MB)
- Multiprotocol Label Switching for the Utility Wide Area Network (PDF - 299 KB)
- Connected Grid Design Suite Solution Overview (PDF - 401 KB)
- Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) for Connected Energy
- PMU Networking with IP Multicast
- Substation Automation Solutions for Utility Operations
- Substation Automation for the Smart Grid
- Cisco & OSIsoft: Building an intelligent grid to manage utility data (PDF - 775 KB)
Relevant Solution Products
Cisco Connected Grid Routers and Switches
These ruggedized substation router and switches are deployed in the most demanding substation environments.