The Possibilities of a Strong Architecture for Video
A Cisco Medianet provides much more than conventional video solutions; it can transform everyday business processes. Imagine:
- U.S. team members in fast moving, face-to-face meetings with suppliers in Europe and Asia, reaching decisions in record time
- A branch office marketing rep retrieving an on-demand video that details a coming product launch
- A security staff member in a nighttime parking lot, viewing selected surveillance feeds from around the campus on a smartphone
- A concerned patient, at home, meeting with her physician in another city as he explains the medical images that he's displaying on her screen
Benefits of Adoption
Capabilities in a Cisco Medianet build upon IP networking and standards-based technologies to ease adoption. The result is a strong end-to-end video architecture that can reduce costs, increase flexibility and efficiency, and improve user experiences.
- Faster troubleshooting: Quickly identify video, voice, and data application problems in the network with real-time metrics, fault identification, and isolation capabilities.
- Easier deployment and configuration: Endpoint devices automatically understand the network platform they're on to speed deployment, set network policies, and improve operations.
- Improved network visibility results in better planning and investment decisions as well as bandwidth scoping.
- Optimize bandwidth: Routing techniques are applied to optimize performance, acceleration, and best route selection.
- Differentiate business-critical applications: Networks in a medianet can determine the importance of a session based on its business value.
Quality of User Experience
- Any type of video: Optimized video delivers high-quality user experiences, whether it's live or on-demand, one-way or multi-way.
- Video everywhere: Video can be shared on a variety of devices, so people can use video how, when and where they want.