Cisco Has Acquired BroadHop
BroadHop is a leading provider of next generation policy control and service management for carrier networks worldwide.
Cisco has completed the integration of BroadHop. On August 30, 2013, the Cisco Quantum Policy Suite (formerly Quantum Software Suite) became orderable on the Cisco Global Price List (GPL).
The BroadHop website (www.broadhop.com) will be retired on September 12, 2013 and integrated into the Cisco Quantum portfolio. You can find the integrated products, services, and solutions within the Cisco Quantum suites and offers.
|Former BroadHop Product Names||New Cisco Product Names|
|BroadHop Quantum Software Suite||Cisco Quantum Policy Suite|
|Cisco Quantum Policy Suite for BNG|
|Cisco Quantum Policy Suite for Mobile|
|Cisco Quantum Policy Suite for Wi-Fi|
- Q: What has Cisco acquired?
- A: Cisco acquired BroadHop, a privately-held company based in Denver, CO, and a provider of next generation policy control and service management for carrier networks worldwide. The BroadHop team has extensive software expertise in developing massively scalable policy solutions that add logic and real-time intelligence across wireline, wireless and converged networks.
- Q: Why did Cisco choose BroadHop?
- A: Cisco acquired BroadHop for the company's next generation technology and world-class organization. BroadHop's Quantum Network Suite solution delivers robust policy management capabilities for carriers while preserving the flexibility to control, personalize and monetize services in real-time.
- Q: Are BroadHop products available to order from Cisco?
- A: Customers are able to order BroadHop Quantum products - now called Cisco Quantum Policy Suite from Cisco since August 30, 2013.
- Q: Do my contacts related to the purchasing of BroadHop products and services change?
- A: No. Your primary contacts for purchasing products and services will remain the same. Please continue to work with your Product Account Manager, Client Services Manager, or Product Service Specialist.
- Q: What is the Cisco Technical Assistance Center?
- A: The Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) provides technical support for all Cisco products.
- Q: When do I start using Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) for BroadHop products?
- A: BroadHop customers now use Cisco TAC to access support for BroadHop products. The BroadHop service agreement migration was completed on August 30, 2013. Migrated customers received a "Welcome Letter" from Cisco Services providing new contract numbers, and information on how to access service and support from Cisco.
- Q: What if I have other questions?
- A: Please contact your Cisco account team for questions and additional information on the BroadHop integration.
Cisco customers should contact their Cisco account representative for sales related questions.
Effective August 30, 2013, active BroadHop service agreements were migrated to Cisco Software Application Support Plus Upgrades (SASU) service agreements and integrated into our renewals management processes, as well as our support tools and processes.
For more information on the newly integrated services portfolio, and how to open a service support case, visit the Services and Support for BroadHop Acquisition website.
Cisco is pleased to welcome BroadHop partners to Cisco's partner community and award winning channel programs. Effective August 30, 2013, BroadHop solutions will be available on the Cisco price list and no longer orderable from BroadHop. We have created resources to assist channel partners to make the transition to ordering from Cisco.
We value your business and have taken steps to make sure that you will be well supported during this transition. Please contact your Cisco account team for questions and additional information on the BroadHop integration.
Together, Cisco and BroadHop further support Cisco's next generation network.