Cisco Has Acquired BroadHop
BroadHop is a leading provider of next generation policy control and service management for carrier networks worldwide.
Cisco has completed the integration of BroadHop. On August 30, 2013, the Cisco Quantum Policy Suite (formerly Quantum Software Suite) became orderable on the Cisco Global Price List (GPL).
The BroadHop website (www.broadhop.com) will be retired on September 12, 2013 and integrated into the Cisco Quantum portfolio. You can find the integrated products, services, and solutions within the Cisco Quantum suites and offers.
|Former BroadHop Product Names||New Cisco Product Names|
|BroadHop Quantum Software Suite||Cisco Quantum Policy Suite|
|Cisco Quantum Policy Suite for BNG|
|Cisco Quantum Policy Suite for Mobile|
|Cisco Quantum Policy Suite for Wi-Fi|
- Q: What has Cisco acquired?
- A: Cisco acquired BroadHop, a privately-held company based in Denver, Colorado, and a provider of next-generation policy control and service management for carrier networks worldwide. The BroadHop team has extensive software expertise in developing massively scalable policy solutions that add logic and real-time intelligence across wireline, wireless, and converged networks.
- Q: Why did Cisco choose BroadHop?
- A: Cisco acquired BroadHop for the company's next-generation technology and world-class organization. BroadHop's Quantum Network Suite solution delivers robust, policy management capabilities for carriers while preserving the flexibility to control, personalize, and monetize services in real-time.
- Q: Is there a plan for Cisco to stop providing any of the BroadHop products?
- A: No, Cisco will continue to offer BroadHop Quantum products, now called Cisco Quantum Policy Suite.
- Q: When will BroadHop products be available to order from Cisco?
- A: Customers will be able to order BroadHop products from Cisco beginning August 30, 2013.
- Q: Will my contacts related to the purchasing of BroadHop products and services change?
- A: No, your primary contacts for purchasing products and services will remain the same. Please continue to work with your product account manager, client services manager, or product service specialist.
- Q: What is the Cisco Technical Assistance Center?
- A: The Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) provides technical support for all Cisco products.
- Q: When do I start using Cisco TAC for BroadHop products?
- A: BroadHop customers will use Cisco TAC when service agreement contracts are migrated to the Cisco installed base, currently scheduled for September 2013. Following migration, customers will receive a welcome letter from Cisco Services providing new contract numbers, and information on how to access service and support from Cisco. Until service agreement migration, customers should continue to use the same process for support on installed BroadHop products.
- Q: What if I have other questions?
- A: Please contact email@example.com
Cisco customers should contact their Cisco account representative for sales related questions.
Effective August 30, 2013, active BroadHop service agreements were migrated to Cisco Software Application Support Plus Upgrades (SASU) service agreements and integrated into our renewals management processes, as well as our support tools and processes.
For more information on the newly integrated services portfolio, and how to open a service support case, visit the Services and Support for BroadHop Acquisition website.
Cisco is pleased to welcome BroadHop partners to Cisco's partner community and award winning channel programs. Effective August 30, 2013, BroadHop solutions will be available on the Cisco price list and no longer orderable from BroadHop. We have created resources to assist channel partners to make the transition to ordering from Cisco.
We value your business and have taken steps to make sure that you will be well supported during this transition. Please contact your Cisco account team for questions and additional information on the BroadHop integration or send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together, Cisco and BroadHop further support Cisco's next generation network.