A New Benchmark
Build storage networks with superior performance, reliability, and flexibility.
Raising the Bar in Data Centers
Experts discuss data center trends that are changing storage networks.
Get Three Times the Bandwidth
Cisco MDS 9710 currently offers more capacity than any other SAN director.
Deliver Smart Storage Services
Extend and accelerate SAN connectivity across multiple data centers.
Cisco MDS Solutions: Raising the Bar for Storage Networks
We're establishing new benchmarks with our next-generation storage network solutions. The Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director provides three times the bandwidth of competitive offerings, with outstanding reliability. Together, the MDS 9710 and Cisco MDS 9250i Multiservice Switch deliver exceptional flexibility through rich storage services and multiprotocol support.
Cisco MDS Multilayer Directors
Adopt intelligent features of a high-performance, multiprotocol switch fabric. Address requirements of large data center environments.
- Ready-to-adapt to accommodate future physical, virtual, and cloud environments
- Up to 384 line rate 2/4/8/16-Gbps Fibre Channel ports
- Fully redundant components and fault-tolerant design
- Multi protocol innovations for architectural flexibility
- Platform for smart storage services
- Designed for large virtualized data center environments
- Up to 528 1/2/4/8-Gbps Fibre Channel ports
Cisco MDS Fabric Switches
Integrate compact, cost-effective SAN connectivity for applications ranging from small fabrics to large data centers and intelligent SANs.
- State-of-the-art multiprotocol and multiservice convergence
- High-performance SAN extension
- Intelligent storage services
- Compact form factor
- Enterprise-level capabilities, such as virtualization and security
- Highly reliable and available performance
- Reduced total cost of operation (TCO)
- Optimized virtual server environments and simple configuration and management
Cisco MDS Software and Storage Services
Deploy a single operating system across the data center, including the storage network. Integrate intelligent storage services.
- Enterprise-class operating software
- Unified operating environments for SAN and LAN
- VM-aware SANs supported
- Support for advanced storage services within the fabric
- Transparent extension of any SAN service to any device
- Reduced deployment times with improved performance
- Automatic load balancing to help ensure high availability
- Speed reading and writing available over metro area networks (MANs) and WANs
- Acceleration, compression, and encryption support for backup and replication
- Clustered service nodes for high availability
- Support for transparent and non-disruptive insertion
- Logical unit numbers (LUNs) migration while in use
- Support for array replacements and moving to a larger LUN
- Reduced array licensing costs and elimination of host software maintenance
- Up to nine times faster migration than Robocopy
- Performance improvement of IBM z/OS Global Mirror over WAN links
- Support for multiple system data movers (SDM)
- Encryption and data compression of underlying MDS switch
- Reduced overhead and operating costs
Data Center Network Management
Use one management platform across the data center, including the storage network.
- Multiprotocol management of storage and Ethernet networks
- Troubleshooting of health and performance of Cisco Nexus and MDS switches
- Simplified wizard and template-based configuration and provisioning
- Dashboard and report-based resource management
Upgrade and simplify your network with smarter switches.
Act now for more than 30% off.
Storage Is Changing
Scale your SAN to new levels of performance, reliability, and flexibility.Watch Video
Introducing New MDS Solutions
Learn how Cisco MDS solutions will support your SAN into the next decade.Read Blog
Why Choose Cisco MDS
Build a scalable and predictable storage area network.Learn More