Focus on Your Core Business
Rely on Cisco experience, processes, and tools to help your IT team manage your advanced technology network around the clock every day for the highest availability and reliability.
Cisco Unified Computing Remote Management Services
Adopt Unified Computing Sooner, with Confidence
Cisco Remote Management Services (RMS) simplify the adoption and ongoing management of Cisco Advanced Technologies, while enhancing the business benefits of your network and significantly reducing your total cost of ownership (TCO). These services are delivered by the Remote Operations Services (ROS) team within Cisco.
Built upon the principles of co-management and out-tasking, Cisco RMS offers a happy medium between complete outsourcing and self-management. A team of experts actively monitors your network from our global network operations center (NOC) 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, responding to incidents and taking the lead in co-managing the network. We act as an extension of your internal IT team. You retain access and control. Together we anticipate, identify, and resolve issues faster, more accurately, less expensively, and with more visibility.
An innovative management portal provides a constant, detailed view of network health as well as the actions of the Cisco team. IT staffing is simplified, and you can focus resources on core business strategies instead of ongoing network management. You can also make use of the full benefits of Cisco advanced technologies to enhance collaboration, streamline operations, and establish the network as the platform for business growth and innovation.
Services are available for the following Cisco Advanced Technologies:
Cisco Data Center Remote Management Services
Cisco Unified Computing Remote Management Services
Realize the full value of unified computing sooner with an immediate, flexible management solution from Cisco and our partners.
Cisco Data Center Remote Management Services provide comprehensive monitoring and management of your data center infrastructure 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, allowing you to:
- Realize immediate and comprehensive benefits from Cisco Data Center technologies
- Keep IT resources focused on leveraging the benefits to support core business strategy
- Increase availability and minimize the financial and resource effects of downtime
- Reduce operational costs and avoid the costs and challenges of building a dedicated management team, including hiring, training, retention and tools and processes
Remote Management Services are composed of flexible standard and elective elements that may be combined to deliver a tailored solution that meets your specific needs.
- Standard Service includes remote monitoring, incident management, problem management, and service-level management
- Elective Service provides a usage-based block of monthly hours that allows you to utilize Cisco expertise for customer-requested activities and changes to your data center environment
Cisco Data Center Remote Management Services include:
- Application Networking Remote Management Service:
Monitoring and management of WAN optimization, application acceleration and load balancing technologies.
Application Networking Remote Management Services Data Sheet (PDF - 3 MB)
- Unified Computing Remote Management Service:
Physical and logical monitoring and management of all unified computing hardware, OS, and virtual machine software elements.
Cisco Unified Computing Remote Management Services Data Sheet (PDF - 1 MB)
- Server Networking & Virtualization Remote Management Service:
Monitoring and management of third-party discrete servers, OS elements, and virtual machine environments.
Server Networking & Virtualization Remote Management Service Data Sheet (PDF - 229 KB)
- Data Center Switching Remote Management Service:
Monitoring and management of Cisco Nexus next-generation unified fabric switches, Catalyst high performance switches, optimized rack switches, and Cisco Core Routers.
Cisco Digital Media Systems Remote Management Services
With a goal of flawless operation, we deliver all of Cisco's knowledge and expertise to help ensure that your solutions are highly available and operating to their fullest potential.
The Cisco RMS team takes advantage of a breadth and depth of knowledge and user experiences to monitor the DMS network around the clock in order to identify and resolve issues before they cause problems. As a result you can focus your IT resources on your core business, not on technical support and management. This reduces operating expenses and increases return on investment and customer satisfaction.
Services for Cisco Digital Media Systems include:
- Around-the-clock monitoring and management of critical system functions to enhance the customer experience and ensure high availability
- Proactive fault detection and incident management
- Problem management and immediate electronic notification of faults
- Optional activities for change and service level management
You retain ultimate control and flexibility of your environment, while we continuously monitor the availability and performance of DMS solutions including Enterprise TV, Desktop Video and Digital Signage.
Digital Media Systems RMS:
- Enriches the experience of digital media systems solutions to drive utilization and supplement enterprise customers┬ĺ internal capabilities
- Assures a consistent, quality digital media experience
- Achieves maximum value for customers as part of a comprehensive Cisco solution
Cisco TelePresence Remote Management Services
This comprehensive solution allows you to increase productivity and reap the immediate benefits of TelePresence. We ensure a flawless user experience by:
- Continuously monitoring and managing the system
- Providing reporting and analysis for visibility into how the system is used
- Delivering a lower total cost of ownership so you can align your IT investments with your core business strategy.
These services cover the foundation and Cisco Unified Communications devices of the converged network carrying voice, data, and video traffic. They consist of:
- Cisco TelePresence Select Operate Service for network-level support, incident management, problem management, change management and utilization and performance reporting
- Cisco Remote Assistance Service for single point of contact, high touch service to resolve incidents, including help desk.
These services are integrated at all levels and aligned with Cisco Technical Assistance Center to deliver the responsive, industry-leading experience Cisco customers have come to enjoy.
- Cisco Services for Telepresence - Service Overview (PDF - 260 KB)
- Cisco Services for TelePresence At-a-glance (PDF - 674 KB)
Cisco Unified Communications Remote Management Services
This service provides comprehensive monitoring and management of the devices and applications in a converged network. Using a sophisticated management appliance, Cisco systematically monitors your IP-based communication system devices, applications, and voice routers and switches for fault and performance events. It supports all of the primary Unified Communications technologies, including Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco Unified IP Phones, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Cisco Unified Presence, and Cisco Unified Contact Center.
- Cisco Unified Communications Remote Management Services Data Sheet (PDF - 2.86 MB - US/Canada)
Cisco Unified Contact Center Remote Management Services
This service provides comprehensive monitoring and management of Cisco Unified Contact Center applications, and the supporting voice infrastructure. Using a sophisticated Cisco Management Application Platform, we systematically monitor your customer service infrastructure for fault and performance events. The services support all of the primary Unified Contact Center technologies, including Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal, and Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management.
- Unified Contact Center Remote Management Services Data Sheet (PDF - 3.86 MB)
Cisco Foundation Technology Remote Management Services
This service provides remote network management for everyday LAN and WAN infrastructure operations, as well as network tuning to improve the performance of business applications. As an experienced team of Cisco RMS engineers help unlock new operational efficiencies and provide increased levels of business protection, your IT staff can focus on more strategic activities without worrying about simpler network tasks. Cisco Foundation Technology RMS includes the Cisco Security IntelliShield Alert Manager Service.
- Foundation Technology Remote Management Service Data Sheet (PDF - 288 KB - US/Canada)
Cisco Remote Management Services for Security
Cisco Remote Management Services (RMS) for Security provides 24x7x365 remote management, monitoring, and remediation for today┬╣s networks, against sophisticated attacks, malware and security vulnerabilities. The services relieve the customer┬ĺs IT staff the burden of routine management tasks and allow them to focus on more strategic business initiatives.
Cisco RMS for Security includes a dedicated team of highly-skilled experts acting as an extension of the customer┬╣s IT organization. Utilizing a proven, ITIL-based methodology and process, the Cisco team delivers trusted solutions to ensure business continuity. Our customers retain ultimate control of their own network, and they have complete visibility into network health and the status of our work through the innovative Cisco RMS for Security web portal.
For more information, please contact the ROS Security Team.
Cisco Security Devices
- Foundation Security Management Service
- Firewall & Access Control Monitoring & Management Service
- IPS Monitoring & Management Service
- VPN Management Service
- ISR Security Monitoring & Management Service
- Cisco ACS Monitoring and Management Service
- Cisco MARS Monitoring and Management Service
- Cisco Security Manager Management Service
- Cisco ACE Application Control Engine Monitoring and Management Service
- Cisco ACE Web Application Firewall Monitoring and Management Service
- Cisco Configuration Engine Monitoring and Management Service
3rd-Party Security Devices
- Checkpoint Firewall Monitoring Service
- Juniper Firewall Monitoring Service
- TippingPoint IPS Monitoring Service
- IBM/ISS IPS Monitoring Service