Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series
Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series
Catalyst 6500 Series CMM
SSL Services Module
IPSec VPN Services Module
Firewall Services Module
Cisco Catalyst 6500 NAM
The Catalyst 6500 Series delivers highly available secure converged network services for Enterprise and Service Provider networks. Designed to address the increased requirements for gigabit scalability, high-availability, rich services, and multilayer switching in backbone, distribution, and wiring closet topologies as well as datacenter environments, the Catalyst 6500 Series delivers exceptional scalability and price/performance, supporting a wide range of interface densities, performance, and integration of powerful services modules.
By combining superior control-plane and packet-forwarding scalability with a rich set of intelligent services, the Catalyst 6500 Series delivers the foundation for new-world Enterprise and Service Provider solutions, such as converged voice/video/data and e-commerce services.
Firewall Services Module is ideal for data centers, extranets, and distribution layers to define industry's highest performance firewall solution.
SSL Services Module dramatically accelerates the performance and enhances the security of Web-enabled applications. IPSec VPN Services Module is a high speed module that provides infrastructure IPSec VPN services to meet the need for ubiquitous connectivity and increased bandwidth requirements.
The new, high-performance Network Analysis Modules (NAM-1 and NAM-2) provide application level visibility into network traffic and enhance network security by identifying anomalous application usage and unauthorized use of the network.
The Catalyst 6500 Series now enables Service Provider and Enterprise environments to take the next step in scalable network architectures. Combining the benefits of industry leading performance, high-performance control plane and extensive intelligent network services, the Catalyst 6500 Series provides the framework for secure converged network services and next-generation network architectures.
The Catalyst 6500 Series continues to strengthen its position as the Premier AVVID Wiring Closet solution by delivering new modules as well as announcing new pricing on key products for the wiring closet. As the Premier AVVID Wiring Closet solution, the Catalyst 6500 now offers inline power as a standard feature, making it an integral part of a converged network solution.
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Intrusion Detection System (IDSM-2) Services Module provides comprehensive attack detection against unauthorized and malicious activities, integrating the switching and security functionality in the same chassis.
- The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Serial 1550nm 10 Gigabit Ethernet Module is
Cisco's first extended reach (40Km) 10 Gigabit Ethernet solutions that is
based on the current IEEE 802.3ae draft. It is targeted for high-speed metro
distances connections between POPs, COs, Internet data centers, as well as
between campuses in Enterprises.
- The Network Analysis Module provides real-time visibility into network traffic for performance monitoring and troubleshooting. The new, Web-based, embedded Traffic Analyzer in NAM v2.1 makes deployment easy and enables comprehensive traffic monitoring including VoIP and QoS.
- The new 24-port fabric-enabled 100FX Fast Ethernet module enables Enterprise and Service Provider customers to scale their network performance with support for centralized as well as distributed forwarding.
- Announcing the new 48-port 10/100 Inline Power module with Telco interface (RJ-21). This module comes equipped with inline power capability to power up IP phones for the deployment of converged multiservice voice/video/data network. This complements the existing RJ-45 version of the 48-port 10/100 inline power module.
- Announcing the new 48-port fabric-enabled 10/100 module, RJ-45 or RJ-21 designed to support the Catalyst 6500 256Gbps scalable backplane, module enables customers to scale their network performance with support for centralized as well as distributed forwarding in the high-performance wiring closet and server farm.
- The Cisco Catalyst 6500 10GBASE-EX4 Metro 10 Gigabit Ethernet module provides customers with scalable bandwidth and increased network reach with support of Layer 2/ Layer 3/ Layer 4-7 intelligent services on the Catalyst 6500 platform. Catalyst 6500 10 Gigabit Ethernet Module further extends the scalability and intelligent services on the Catalyst 6500 Series and provides investment protection for customers on the market-leading Cisco Catalyst 6500 platform.
- The Catalyst 6513, the new 13-slot chassis in the Catalyst 6500 Series is setting new standards for high
performance with up to 210 Million packets per second, while also providing industry leading rack densities for 1152 10/100 and 388 gigabit ports per 7 foot rack.
- The new Switch Fabric Module 2 offers scalable switching bandwidth delivering 256 Gbps for the Catalyst
6500 Series Switches. In combination with distributed forwarding switching lines cards, the Switch Fabric Module 2 enabled system can provide up to 24 Mpps of local forwarding per individual line card, while providing the highest level of network availability.
- The Content Switching Module meets the demands of high-speed datacenters, Internet Datacenters, and Content Networking applications by tracking network sessions and server load conditions in real-time and directing each session to the most appropriate server, as well as providing full support for Firewall and VPN load balancing.
- Optical Services Modules (OSM) are now available for the Catalyst 6500 series that provide optical WAN interfaces from OC-3 to OC-48, PXF IP Services Processors for high-speed IP service applications such as MPLS, and deep packet buffers to address WAN jitter and bandwidth management.
- The Switch Fabric Module for the Catalyst 6500 series switches delivers best in class bandwidth performance for today's most advanced networks, scaling switching capacity to 256 Gbps.
- Supervisor Engine 2, in conjunction with MSFC2 enables a CEF-based architecture and works to enhance overall system performance to 210+ Mpps.
- Industry leading Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) on Supervisor 2 and Gigabit Ethernet modules: Scalable control-plane, packet-forwarding performance, and intelligent services in the areas of security, high-availability, and QoS to deliver next generation solutions for dynamic Service Provider and Enterprise networks.
- Catalyst 6500 series high performance Gigabit Ethernet switching modules with local or distributed forwarding are ideal for deployment in gigabit backbone and server farm configurations or for aggregation of high-density 10/100-Mbps wiring closets.
- New, industry-leading intelligent services in areas of QoS, high-availability and security, enabling multiple deployment options across Service Provider and Enterprise networks.