What You Will Learn
• Choose from a wide range of content and high-definition (HD) channels
• Find content quickly and easily through interactive user interfaces
• Enjoy a personalized experience that builds upon viewing taste
• Synchronize content across multiple screens
• Recommend content to friends using social TV
• Spectrum Limitation: Typically, more than half of the 750 MHz cable spectrum is already allocated for one-way video delivery. Expanding spectrum is an expensive option, estimated to cost anywhere from $100 to $250 per subscriber, and the new spectrum requires at least DOCSIS 3.0 based clients.
• Subscriber Hardware: In order to go digital, some cable operators deploy digital terminal adapters (DTAs), which are one-way set-top boxes. But these offer a short-term fix because they cannot support advanced, user interfaces, on-demand services, or other two-way interactive experiences. With such a limited feature set, they offer a very limited life span. Controlling CAPEX and OPEX without needing to upgrade existing subscriber hardware is therefore another challenge.
Maximize Your Hardware Investment
Offer a Higher Quality Experience
• Unify back-end workflows on the cloud to deliver video more efficiently and save OPEX.
• Manage bandwidth using adaptive bit-rate encoding and streaming from the cloud to deliver a better quality of experience across client devices.
Improve Service Velocity
Strengthen Loyalty and Generate Revenue
• Enhanced linear content that includes an expanded choice of HD and SD channels
• On-demand content with a wider choice of movies, TV shows and episodes, and uninterrupted streaming
• Personalization through interactive, contextual content, as well as social integration and recommendations
• Advanced user interface, offering interactive and contextual apps and social TV across managed and unmanaged client devices
• Time-shift TV and cloud DVR, offering flexibility and control to watch content any time
• Expanded advertising through linear/on-demand insertion and targeting
• Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) channel bonding and RF spanning: Higher density and capacity as CMTS moves control and unifies workflow to the cloud
• Price comparability of IP STBs to DTAs: Overcomes DTA limitations and enables advanced UI, VoD, and other new services
• High-capacity DOCSIS modems and gateways: Enables more bandwidth, more linear and VoD content, and more HD
• Downloadable Conditional Access Systems (DCAS): Ensures secure delivery of content to IP set-top boxes and multiscreen IP-based clients to reduce CAPEX
• Acquisition Suite, which uses advanced encoding and transcoding tools to help you deliver real-time and on-demand media to any device, in the best video quality based on the available bandwidth.
• Media Suite, a full content lifecycle and workflow management platform for efficiently managing and publishing content across multiple screens.
• Security Suite, a comprehensive conditional access and digital rights management (DRM) security infrastructure for protecting TV services and premium content across multiple platforms and devices.
• Advertising Suite, which provides integrated solutions for managing, delivering, and measuring multiscreen advertising across broadcast and IP networks, for linear and on-demand content.
• Distribution Suite, an open, intelligent Content Distribution Network (CDN) platform for personalized media delivery across multiple screens, protocols, network services, and applications.
• User Experience Suite, a branded HTML5-based soft client offering a dynamic and customized multiscreen video experience. Based on the award-winning Snowflake UI, this suite maintains a consistent visual theme optimized to each subscriber device.
• A comprehensive portfolio across our powerful cloud platform, intelligent network, and immersive clients that gives you end-to-end control and results in better managed services
• Pre-integrated, validated solutions that accelerate time to market
• Technology innovations that provide consistently high-quality experiences to any client
• Cisco Services, which help you plan, build, and manage your network
For More Information