Activate Incident Policies with One Click
Operations managers can create and easily activate policies that define standard operating procedures, including talk group establishment and user notification, with the Cisco IPICS Policy Engine. This policy engine also enables public switched telephone network (PSTN) dial-in and dial-out.
With the Cisco IPICS Policy Engine, your organization can:
- Enhance policy management and compliance with standard operating procedures: Authorized personnel can use the intuitive Web interface to create, modify, and activate policies and check their execution status.
- Speed up notification: Policies can stipulate simultaneous notification through:
- Automatic dialing
- Short Message Service text
- Automate notification processes: Operations managers or dispatchers can initiate notification policies with the click of a single button and check records to determine who is available.
- Enable Dial-in and Dial-out with Push-to-Talk communications: Dispatchers can patch in personnel using:
- Radio systems
- IP phones
- Cisco IPICS PMC Client Software
- Cell phones
- PSTN phones
- Support distributed command and control: Dispatchers can activate policies from any Web browser or preauthorized phone.
Cisco IPICS enables radio communications over reliable, secure, and scalable IP networks.
Hosting civic events requires infrastructure that allows collaboration between disparate organizations and agencies.
Solve interoperability challenges and improve public safety response with Cisco IPICS.