Secure, Reliable Voice Calls over Your Network
IP telephony transmits voice communications over the network using open, standards-based Internet Protocol.
It provides a way for you to extend consistent voice communications services to all your employees in their workspaces -- on the main campus, at branch offices, remote, or mobile.
Cisco IP telephony solutions are an integral part of Cisco Unified Communications, which unify voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks. Your employees can talk with each other using almost any media, device, or operating system
Using your network as the platform, your organization can gain the inherent benefits of a converged network for transport and interconnection. IP telephony makes it easier to:
- Provide highly secure, reliable, scalable communications that take advantage of your LAN and WAN
- Improve employee flexibility and productivity with the full range of Cisco Unified Communications and third-party applications
- Take advantage of a wide range of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-based capabilities
View, optimize, and manage your entire communications system from one screen.
- Increase company productivity with secure anytime, anywhere, any device collaboration
- Consume fewer IT resources with communications that are simple to use, manage, and maintain
- Lower total cost of ownership and reduce capital and operations costs quickly
- Combine the power of collaboration with desktop virtualization
- Save on power and desk real estate with integrated form factor
- Choose VDI client of choice with support for PCoIP, ICA and RDP protocols
- Essential communication features for up to 300 users and 10 sites
- Speedy setup and administration with simple intuitive management
- Complimentary Cisco Unified SIP Phone 3905 to replace a legacy TDM with an affordable SIP endpoint
- Connect your enterprise IP network to Service Provider SIP trunks
- Supports centralized, distributed or hybrid deployments often with minimal to no hardware investment
- Provides multiple services on a single platform
- Repurpose network equipment assets as the voice network evolves
- Use cloud services to quickly deliver collaboration applications to your business
- Reduce operational overhead with a flexible, pay-as-you-go model
- Get the same high functionality and security that on-premises solutions provide
Deliver consistent communication services to all of your employees in their workspaces with this full suite of solutions and endpoints.
- Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch
- Cisco Gatekeeper/Multimedia Conference Manager
- Cisco Hosted Unified Communications Services
- Cisco Intercompany Media Engine
- Cisco Media Gateway Controller Software
- Cisco Network Route Director
- Cisco PGW 2200 Softswitch
- Cisco Signaling Controllers
- Cisco Small Business Voice Systems
- Cisco Smart Business Communications System
- Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business
- Cisco Unified Communications 300 Series for Small Business
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 6000
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 5000
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 3000
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Session Management Edition
- Cisco Unified Mobility
- Cisco Unified SIP Proxy
- Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony
- Cisco ATA 180 Series Analog Telephone Adaptors
- Cisco IP Communicator
- Cisco SIP IP Phone Software
- Cisco Small Business IP Phones
- Cisco Small Business Pro SPA 500 Series IP Phones
- Cisco Small Business SPA 300 Series IP Phones
- Cisco Small Business Voice Accessories
- Cisco Unified IP Phone 9900 and 8900 Series Accessories
Virtualization Experience Client
At A Glance
Call Processing and IP Phones
Cisco Unified Communications call processing systems deliver voice, video, mobility, and presence services to IP phones, media processing devices, VoIP gateways, mobile devices, and multimedia applications.
Cisco IP phones are available in wired and wireless versions and provide IP communications for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unified Communications Manager Business Edition, and Smart Business Communications System (SBCS).
Softphones such as Cisco IP Communicator and Cisco Unified Personal Communicator extend voice and multimedia functionality to Windows and Mac computers.
Compare IP communications products in the Cisco Unified Communications portfolio.
Learn more about IP communications with these resources: