Document ID: 116534
Updated: Oct 10, 2013
Contributed by Scott Hills, Cisco TAC Engineer.
This document describes the steps to enable PBX IP Media Gateway (PIMG) in order to log to the SysLog server.
Currently, a PIMG has a short log buffer, so older events are quickly overwritten.
In order to maintain logs for longer periods (especially for troubleshooting), use these steps.
- Log in to the PIMG Admin interface.
- Go to Configuration > Mgmt Protocols.
- Navigate to the section SysLog.
- Populate these fields:
- In the 'SysLog Server IP Address', enter the IP address of your SysLog server.
- Set 'Alarms to Syslog Enabled' to Yes.
- Set 'SysLog Minimum Alarm Severity' to Info.
- Set 'Diagnostics Trace to SysLog Enabled' to Yes.
The Cisco Support Community is a forum for you to ask and answer questions, share suggestions, and collaborate with your peers.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on conventions used in this document.