Document ID: 116397
Updated: Aug 14, 2013
Contributed by Scott Hills, Cisco TAC Engineer.
This document describes a situation that might occur where Unity Connection is unable to add a Disaster Recovery System (DRS) backup device because the option is grayed out. This can also occur on the Unity Connection cluster subscriber as well..
Another symptom might be when a DRS backup occurs, you see the backup of items on the Subscriber fail.
Unity Connection is unable to add a DRS backup device.
In order to troubleshoot this issue, perform these steps:
- On the Unity Connection Publisher, navigate to OS Admin > Security > Certificate mgmt > Find > ipsec.pem > Download to PC.
- Navigate to the Subscriber to Certificate Management page.
- Delete the IPsec trust certificate for the Publisher in the Subscriber server.
- Upload the certificate downloaded from the Publisher as a IPsec trust.
- Restart the Master Agent (MA) and Local Agent (LA).
If Solution 1 does not solve the issue, you might have a problem with the IPsec certificate on the Publisher. If so, you need to regenerate the certificate on Publisher, and then delete the trust that exists from the Subscriber. In order to copy the new IPsec certificate from the Publisher as a IPsec Trust, perform these steps:
- Log in to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager OS Administration page.
- Choose Security > Certificate Management. The Certificate List window displays.
- Use the Find controls in order to filter the certificate list.
- Choose the ipsec.pem file, and click Regenerate.
- After the successful regeneration of the ipsec.pem file, download the ipsec.pem file to your computer.
- Return to the Certificate Management page.
- Find the existing corrupted IPsec trust file entry. Choose the file name of the certificate (CTL), and click Delete. Refer to Delete a Certificate for more information.
- Upload the downloaded ipsec.pem file with the title "ipsec-trust".
- Restart the MA and LA.
This issue might be related to Cisco bug ID CSCts01090.
The Cisco Support Community is a forum for you to ask and answer questions, share suggestions, and collaborate with your peers.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on conventions used in this document.