Extend SAN Service to Any Device
Highly Available, Scalable, Reliable
Learn how service-oriented SANs help unify data center infrastructures. (5:08 min.)
Get the Flash Player
Storage network managers have long been challenged to deliver services such as encryption, data migration, compression, and acceleration. The best way to optimize data center resources is to deploy high-performance storage network services using Cisco MDS 9000 products as the platform.
Benefits of MDS 9000 Services-Oriented SANs
- Services are integrated into the SAN fabric without wasted ports, recabling, SAN reconfigurations, or deployment disruption.
- Deployment times are dramatically reduced because performance is added by adding service engines.
- Automatic load balancing and traffic redirect failover help ensure high availability.
- Consolidating important tasks into the fabric supports transparent extension of any SAN service to any device.
These services are all provided over your MDS network.
- MDS 9000 16-Port Storage Services Node
- MDS 9000 18/4 Multiservice Module
- MDS 9222i Multiservice Switch
- Storage Media Encryption
- Data Mobility Manager
- IO Accelerator
- SAN Extension
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Enterprise-Class Next-Generation Acceleration
Cisco MDS 9000 I/O Accelerators significantly reduce the complexity and costs related to business continuity and disaster recovery.
Services in the SAN: IDC Analyst Paper
An efficient data center is the critical facilitator of the modern, extended enterprise, spurring innovation while reducing costs.
High Availability from VMware, Emulex, Cisco
Server downtime affects multiple virtual machines (VMs) running business-critical applications, making high availability a priority.