- What is the topology? What other devices feed into this ATM switch router?
- Which interfaces have the highest traffic loads? Are these the same interfaces that are experiencing the rejected cells?
- On which MSC chip are the rejected cells occurring? Is there a high amount of traffic flowing through this set of ports? For example, drops on MSC 0 point to a high amount of traffic on interfaces in slots 0 and 1.
- Output from the following show commands:
- show hardware
- show running
- show tech
- show atm resource or show controller (depending on the platform)
|ABR||Available Bit Rate||PCR||Peak Cell Rate|
|ASIC||Application-Specific Integrated Circuit||PTI||Payload Type Identifier|
|ASP||ATM Switch Processor||PVC||Permanent Virtual Circuit|
|CLP||Cell Loss Priority||SCR||Sustained Cell Rate|
|EFCI||Explicit Forward Congestion Indication||SP||Switch Processor|
|EPD||Early Packet Discard||SuperCAM||Super Carrier Module|
|FC-PCQ||Feature Card Per-Class Queuing||SVCs||Switched Virtual Circuits|
|FC-PFQ||Feature Card Per-Flow Queuing||TPD||Tail Packet Discard|
|IE||Information Element||UBR||Unspecified Bit Rate|
|ITPD||Intelligent Tail Packet Discard||UNI||User-Network Interface|
|MIB||Management Information Base||UPC||Usage Parameter Control|
|MSC||Modular Switching Component||VC||Virtual Circuit|
|MSP||Multiservice Switch Processor||VCL||Virtual Channel Link|
|OAM||Operation, Administration and Maintenance||VP||Virtual Path|
|PAM||Port Adapter Modules|
- Troubleshooting Switch Router ATM Interface Connections
- ATM and Layer 3 Switch Router Troubleshooting Guide
- Technical Support & Documentation - Cisco Systems
The Cisco Support Community is a forum for you to ask and answer questions, share suggestions, and collaborate with your peers.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on conventions used in this document.