The Cisco® Half-Height Line Card Carrier (Figure 1) for the Cisco uBR10012 Universal Broadband Router holds up to two Cisco uBR10012 half-height line cards. Each carrier utilizes a single slot on a Cisco uBR10012.
Cisco Half-Height Line Card Carrier for the Cisco uBR10012 Universal Broadband Router
Benefits of the carrier include the following:
• It enables the Cisco uBR10012 to use half-height line cards.
• It enables the Cisco uBR10012 to provide maximum modularity for flexible deployment options.
• It enables half-height line card online insertion and removal (OIR).
Table 1 elaborates on these benefits.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco uBR10012 Half-Height Line Card Carrier
Enables the use of half-height line cards
Makes slots available for other services or functions.
By doubling its modularity, the Cisco uBR10012 provides increased configuration, density, cost, and deployment flexibility.
A single half-height line card can be removed from the carrier without interrupting system availability, so business operations are not affected during line card replacement.
As shown in Figure 2, a Cisco uBR10012 can hold one carrier per chassis slot.
One Carrier for Up to Two Half-Height Line Cards per Cisco uBR10012 Slot
• Functions in Cisco uBR10012 interface card slot
• Supports OIR of half-height line cards
• Height: 16 in. (40.64 cm)
• Width: 1.18 in. (3 cm)
• Depth: 10.5 in. (26.67 cm)
• Weight: 2.28 lb (1.05 kg)
PRODUCT SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPATIBILITY
• Chassis-The line card is supported on the Cisco uBR10012 and all Cisco 10000 Series Router chassis.
• Performance routing engines (PREs)-The carrier is supported with the Cisco uBR10012 Performance Routing Engine 2 and all PREs available on the Cisco 10000 Series.
• Line cards-The carrier supports all half-height line cards available on the Cisco uBR10012 and Cisco 10000 Series.
Table 2. Part Numbers for Cisco Half-Height Line Card Carrier for the Cisco uBR10012
Full-length base carrier for half-height line card
Full-length base carrier for half-height line card, spare
Blank filler for half-height line card
Blank filler for half-height line card, spare
Cisco recommends that customers who order spare carriers also order enough blanks to help ensure that the configured system has no empty slots.
A Cisco Technology Migration Plan (TMP) has been established for this product. The Cisco TMP is a sales program that allows customers to trade in Cisco products to receive a trade-in credit toward the purchase of any new Cisco product. The program underscores Cisco's commitment to customer success. Providing end-to-end networking solutions and effective product migration options provides flexibility in an environment of ever-changing technology and network requirements. More details about this program are located at http://www.cisco.com/go/tradein.