The Cisco® Physical Security Multiservices Platform offers you innovative choices for deploying and managing physical security services such as video surveillance, access control, and flexible incident response communications. It is comprised of a suite of two server models and includes a wide array of features in a single, easy-to-use, and easy-to-deploy component that offers you choices among the following security applications:
• Video Surveillance provides network digital recording and playback. With optional built-in analog video encoder cards and Fibre Channel interfaces, the Cisco Physical Security Multiservices Platform 1-RU and 2-RU servers enables direct connectivity from analog cameras or for IP video directed from the network, and allows remote playback of the recordings over an IP network. This platform offers scalable and flexible options for replacing traditional analog or digital video recorders in a variety of video surveillance deployments. For other video surveillance platform options, see:
• Physical Access Control provides electronic access control using the IP network to manage doors and locks. The solution consists of hardware and software products and is modular, scalable, and easy to install. The solution's management application, Cisco Physical Access Manager, comes installed on the Cisco Physical Security Multiservices Platform 1-RU appliance. Cisco Physical Access Manager is used to configure Cisco Physical Access Gateways and Modules, monitor activity, enroll users, and integrate with IT applications and data stores. For other physical access control platform options, see:
• Cisco IP Interoperability and Collaboration System (IPICS) provides on-demand incident communications across multiple agencies, enabling new levels of interoperability and operational efficiencies for public safety agency and support personnel. Cisco IPICS Server Software can be installed on the Cisco Physical Security Multiservices Platform 1-RU and 2-RU servers, and integrates disparate push-to-talk systems with other voice systems for emergency personnel. For other Cisco IPICS platform options, see:
• Cisco Physical Security Operations Manager provides a scalable command and control style operator console that unifies event management and operation of Video Surveillance Manager, Physical Access Manager, and IPICS. Physical Security Operations manager comes in both Enterprise and Lite versions. The Lite version can be installed on the Cisco Physical Security Multiservices Platform 1-RU and 2-RU servers. The Enterprise version can be installed only on the 2-RU server. For more information, see:
• Cisco VSS Alloy for VSM is converged video user interface (UI) software that allows you to customize to fit specific video security needs. Designed to for the education market to provide a unified user experience, VSS Alloy™ for VSM delivers a simplified user experience with graphical maps, video paging, and other features. To learn more, see:
The Cisco Physical Security Multiservices Platform product suite includes a 1-RU or 2-RU server, shown in Figures 1 and 2, respectively. Tables 1 and 2 address the software applications available on each server.
Table 6. Cisco Physical Security Multiservices Platform Ordering Information
1-RU chassis with motherboard, one CPU, and one built-in 300W power supply (no drives, no power cables, and no option cards)
1 TB SATA hard-disk drive for CIVS-MSP and CPS-MSP platforms (1-RU)
2-RU chassis with motherboard, one CPU, and one 900W power supply (no drives and no power cables)
6 x 1 TB SATA hard-disk drive bundle for CPS-MSP platforms (2-RU)
Redundant 900W power supply option for 2-RU platform only
Fibre Channel card option for video surveillance application
8-port encoder card add-on option for video surveillance application; provides full-frame rate at D1 resolution; includes H.264/JPEG codecs and software feature channel license
16-port encoder card add-on option for video surveillance application; provides full-frame rate at D1 resolution; includes H.264/JPEG codecs and software feature channel license
Up to 16-port compact cable (3/4 meter) from encoder card to BNC connector panel; for mounting adjacent to the back of MSP server
32-port BNC connector panel; supports up to two cards; connects to either 8- or 16-port encoder card using 16-port cable
1-RU MultiServices Platform spare rail kit; includes rails and screws
2-RU or 4-RU MultiServices Platform spare rail kit; includes rails, square-hole adaptor, and screws
Generic 1-RU or 2-RU or 4-RU Multiservices Platform hard-drive tray spare kit (no hard-disk drive included)
All servers are assemble-to-order and do not allow field upgrades for hard-disk drives, Fibre Channel cards, and video encoder cards.
Cisco Physical Security Multiservices Platforms are available through Cisco Authorized Technology Provider Partners.
Service and Support
Cisco and our certified partners can help you accelerate success and improve the return on your investment in a Cisco Physical Security solution. The Cisco lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the solution lifecycle:
• Reduce deployment costs by identifying the features that will best meet your business requirements.
• Accelerate migration by assessing the readiness of your network to support the system and by developing a sound design.
• Support smooth implementation through effective planning and expert installation, configuration, and integration.
• Increase operational efficiency and extend the value of your investment with superior technical support.