The Cisco® Integrated Video Surveillance solution enables you to rapidly deploy highly distributed, IP-enabled video surveillance at your offices while migrating traditional analog surveillance equipment to IP.
The solution offers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for the branch office, ease of integration through network transparency, reliable data interoperability, and maximized overall security. It allows you to consolidate costly branch-office servers and deploy new applications centrally while still offering real-time access to physical security video and data.
The Cisco Integrated Video Surveillance solution is composed of:
• Cisco Integrated Services Routers
• Cisco IP Video Surveillance 16-Port Analog Video Gateway (AVG) Network Module
• Cisco Video Management and Storage System (VMSS) Network Module
• Cisco Integrated Storage System (ISS) Network Module
• Additional products from the Cisco Video Surveillance Manager product line
This data sheet is for the Cisco Integrated Storage System (ISS) Network Module for the Cisco integrated services routers.
Cisco ISS offers a powerful system for storage of video archives in a highly distributed video surveillance system:
• Store archival video locally
– Up to 500 GB of local storage on the ISS
– Combine with VMSS for up to 1 TB of storage capacity
• Manage all archives through Video Surveillance Manager on the VMSS module
In addition to these benefits of distributed video surveillance, Cisco ISS provides a low TCO solution and transparently preserves all existing network services. For additional information about Cisco ISS, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/isrvideo.
The Cisco ISS Network Module belongs to the Cisco Video Surveillance Manager line of products. Addressing varying customer needs based on branch-office size, bandwidth availability, and usage patterns, this product line is designed to scale to very large enterprisewide deployments.
The Cisco ISS modules are designed to be deployed in highly distributed environments as edge devices at branch offices; appropriate products exist for high-density locations for individual deployments (Figure 1). This product line can act as one homogeneous solution for coverage of all of your video surveillance deployment needs. For more details about the Cisco Video Surveillance Manager appliances, refer to http://www.cisco.com/web/solutions/ps/products.html - netcentric.
Figure 1. Cisco ISS Deployment Architecture
Table 1 gives product specifications.
Table 1. Cisco ISS Network Module Specifications
Cisco ISS (NME-ISS)
Cisco 2811, 2821, 2851, 3825, and 3845 Integrated Services Routers
Cisco IOS®Software (on router)
Cisco IOS Software Release 12.4(15)T or later
Cisco VMSS software
Cisco VMSS 2.2 or later
Internal network interfaces
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to router backplane
External network interfaces
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.55 x 7.10 x 7.2 in. (3.9 x 18.0 x 18.3 cm)
• Weight: 1.5 lb (0.7 kg) maximum
• Operating temperature: 41 to 104°F (5 to 40°C)
• Nonoperating and storage temperature: -40 to 158°F (-40 to 70°C)
• Operating humidity: 5 to 85% (noncondensing)
• Operating altitude: -197 to 6000 ft (-60 to 1800m)
• UL 60950-1, First Edition, Standard for safety for information technology equipment (US)
• CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1-03, Safety of information technology equipment including electrical business equipment (Canada)
• IEC 60950-1:2001, Safety of information technology equipment / Second Edition -2005) (World-Wide)- 2nd Ed. 2005 ( is optional and will roll in by Dec. 1, 2010)
• EN 60950 -1:2001, Safety of information technology equipment (CENELEC; includes EU and EFTA)
• GB4943-2001, Safety of information technology equipment (PRC)
• AS/NZS 60950-1, Safety of information technology equipment including electrical business equipment (Australia)
• NOM-019, Safety of data processing equipment (Mexico)
• 47 CFR Part 15 Class A
• CISPR22 Class A
• EN300386 Class A
• EN55022 Class A
• SD/EMI (India)
• KN22 (Korea)
• VCCI Class I
• AS/NZS CISPR 22 Class A
• SD/EMI (India)
• KN22 (Korea)
Refer to Table 2 for ordering information.
Table 2. Part Numbers for Cisco ISS Network Modules and Software
Product Part Number
Cisco ISS Network Module for Cisco 2800 and 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers, 512 MB RAM, 500 GB Storage
Software for Cisco ISS Network Module
Cisco Services for the Branch
Services from Cisco and our certified partners can help you reduce the cost and complexity of branch deployments. We have the depth and breadth of experience across technologies to architect a blueprint for a branch solution to meet your company's needs. Planning and design services align technology with business goals and can increase the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of deployment. Technical services help maintain operational health, strengthen software application functionality, solve performance issues, and lower expenses. Optimization services are designed to continually improve performance and help your team succeed with new technologies. For more information, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/services.
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco VMSS and Cisco Video Surveillance Media Manager solutions, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/isrvideo or contact your local Cisco account representative.
For more information about Cisco integrated services routers, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/isr or contact your local Cisco account representative.