Videoscape Unity: The Future of Television
See how Videoscape Unity connects experiences, your way.
Your World Now More Personal
Videoscape Unity helps to enable new video experiences.
Going Beyond TV Everywhere
DIRECTV enables more services and mobility with Cisco solutions.
Videoscape Unity: Connecting Experiences. Your Way.
As the video landscape evolves, service providers and media companies face new competitive challenges. Online video services are eroding profitability by delivering low-cost video content to new screens and devices. At the same time, the premium content that consumers crave is becoming more expensive.
To compete in today's marketplace, you need to offer multiscreen video services. But to continue winning the bidding for the best premium content, you also need to build unique and compelling experiences around that content, and monetize it in new ways.
Cisco Videoscape Unity is the platform for delivering and monetizing a new generation of compelling, differentiated video experiences. It is the next generation of the Cisco Videoscape platform, now strengthened and enhanced with solutions and expertise from NDS that bring powerful new capabilities across cloud, networks, and clients.
Cisco Videoscape Unity lets you unleash a new generation of video experiences that are:
- Multiscreen: Take multiscreen experiences to the next level by delivering video in a more exciting, immersive, and engaging way.
- Synchronized: Push contextual content and targeted ads related to TV programming to companion devices in real time.
- Personalized: Make it easy for viewers to find content they want with personalized discovery and recommendations based on social connections, analytics, and user profiles.
- Social: Use social networks to bring people together and deepen viewer engagement with virtual viewing parties, real-time IM, and video chats around linear video and more.
Find out how Cisco can help you create and monetize a new generation of multiscreen media services.
Streaming Media Hits the Mainstream
Today, consumers have a vast array of choices for accessing premium video content. But online video, particularly streaming, is the fasting growing category.Watch video
Launch new unified TV experiences quickly and successfully with Cisco Videoscape Unity offers. These offers provide a pre-integrated, end-to-end solution to address a specific business problem. They combine multiple Cisco Videoscape Unity suites and products, as well as integration services, packaged and delivered as a single solution.
By taking advantage of Cisco Videoscape Unity offers, you can realize:
- First-class products - Use scalable cloud and web technologies, award-winning multiscreen client software, and end-to-end content security.
- Faster time-to-market - Take advantage of open, standards-based solutions that are pre-packaged and integrated end to end.
- Investment protection - Offers are based on Cisco Videoscape Unity solutions that can be enhanced with software updates.
- Consistent experiences - Provide the same level of service across one-way, two-way, and hybrid set-top boxes, and across managed and unmanaged client devices.
- Service elasticity - Cloud and IP technologies let you introduce new applications with low upfront capital investment, and scale them as demand grows.
Cisco Videoscape Unity offers service providers full customization through Cisco Services. Now, you can customize your solution to deliver a unique user experience tailored to your business needs. You can also develop a long-term roadmap. Each Cisco Videoscape Unity offer features an extensive roadmap aligned to market dynamics, so you can rapidly adjust to market changes over time.
Four Cisco Videoscape Unity offers are available today:
- Cisco Videoscape Multiscreen Cloud DVR
Let viewers restart live shows; catch up on past programs; and schedule, manage, and play back digital video recorder (DVR) recordings from any device, inside or outside the home.
- Cisco Videoscape Video Everywhere
Empower viewers to easily discover and watch live and on-demand content on any device, from any location.
- Cisco Videoscape IP Video Over Cable
Reclaim analog spectrum and deliver immersive TV experiences for all cable subscribers.
- Cisco Videoscape Connected Video Gateway
Use a single entertainment hub to seamlessly distribute video content, user experiences, and metadata to any IP-connected device in the consumer home.
Cisco Videoscape Cloud Solutions
Unleash a new generation of multiscreen video experiences and transform the economics of service delivery.
Cisco Next-Generation Network Solutions for Videoscape
Deliver dynamic media experiences anywhere, anytime, with optimal efficiency.
Cisco Videoscape Clients
Provide an immersive, personalized, and intuitive TV experience on any screen.
Cisco Videoscape Advertising Suite
Get tools and applications for the management, delivery, and measurement of advertising content. Service providers can monetize new platforms and services by extending existing business models.
- Cisco Videoscape Audience Measurement
- Cisco Videoscape TV Addressable Advertising
- Cisco Videoscape Multiscreen Advertising
Cisco Videoscape Media Suite
Manage content from multiple sources, and entitle and stream content across devices. This carrier-grade, cloud-based software platform powers comprehensive, multiscreen media services.
Cisco Videoscape Acquisition Suite
Get best-in-class video quality for live, real-time, and on-demand media such as live sports, 24-hour programming, web streaming on demand, broadband TV, and IPTV.
Cisco Videoscape Origination Suite
Connect contribution sources (media) to content users. In the course of this activity this group of products can encode, process, or groom content before delivering it to end users.
- Contribution Video - 4:2:2 10-Bit AVC Encoder
- Contribution Video - Uncompressed and JPEG2000 Compressed
- Digital Receivers/Decoders
- Digital Content Manager / Multiplexers
- MPEG-4 Encoders
- ROSA Network and Video Service Management
Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite
Bridge cloud and network functionality with this holistic, end-to-end content delivery network (CDN) solution.
- Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite for Internet Streaming
- Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite for Television
- Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite Optimization Engine
- Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite Origin Server
- Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite Service Broker
- Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite Transparent Caching
- Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite Video Recording
Cisco Videoscape Security Suite
Service providers can offer compelling services and premium entertainment to any device, while maintaining consistent control over the service offering and reducing TCO.
Cisco Videoscape Gateways
Extend the network into the home and offer video, telephony, Internet, and Wi-Fi services in one device. Subscribers can access home media, broadcast content, telephone, broadband, and Connected Life services in one box. Cisco Unified Gateway can transcode QAM to IP, so that cost-effective thin clients can be used throughout a home to support subscribers' personal IP devices.
Deliver a more immersive video experience, from whole home HD DVRs that offer eight simultaneous recordings to cost-efficient, one-way decoders. Cisco is a global leader in IP set-top deployments, with many industry firsts, including first two-way digital set-top, dual-recording cable DVR, multi-room QAM DVR, and more.
- Cisco PDS Set Tops
- Cisco Explorer 8600HDC High-Definition DVR Set-Top Box Series
- Cisco IPTV Set-Tops - Americas, APAC, Eastern Europe, Middle East
Cisco Videoscape Client Software Suite
These carrier-grade software products reside on customer premises equipment, such as set-top boxes and gateways, as well as personal computers and mobile devices. They provide all the client-side functionality service providers need to offer subscribers high-quality video, voice, broadband, and Connected Home services.
- Cisco MediaHighway
- Cisco Videoscape OpenRG
- Cisco Videoscape Service Application Framework
- Cisco Videoscape Unified Gateway Software
Cisco Videoscape User Experience Suite
Redefine the TV experience with these products and services, and create immersive, branded user interfaces that connect subscribers to service provider services.