This exam tests the Sales and Field Engineer's knowledge of the Cisco IP Video Surveillance solution. Candidates will be tested on basics of digital video, hardware and software components of the Cisco VSM solution, configuration and design of IP Video Surveillance. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Cisco IPVS course offered by Cisco Advance Services Education.
The following topics are general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes, the guidelines below may change at any time without notice.
- VSM components
- Describing video codecs, resolutions, protocols
- Video traffic flow and design for efficient bandwidth utilization
- Describing the Hardware - servers, storage, end-points
- Platform configuration
- End-point configuration
- Application configuration
- Managing roles, events, and reports
- Best practices, maintenance, and troubleshooting