CCNA Wireless Exam and Training Revision
The CCNA Wireless exam and training are being revised from v2.0 to v3.0. Candidates can choose to take either the 640-722 IUWNE exam or 200-355 WIFUND exam. The last day to test for the 640-722 IUWNE exam will be December 14, 2015.
Learn more about the exam updates
Cisco Wireless technology growth places increased demands on networks and the professionals that support them. Ensuring this technology is optimally configured, monitored, and supported is paramount to achieving business outcomes and requires a workforce of skilled wireless professionals. Earn the CCNA Wireless certification and amplify your basic Cisco Wireless LAN's configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting and support skills for optimal performance of Cisco Wireless networks.
The following resources are suggested study materials:
- Help on Getting Started with your CCNA Wireless Studies
- Reading Advice for CCNA Wireless Studies
- Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials
A comprehensive list of study materials is also available.
Cisco Learning Network Resources
Get all your CCNA Wireless questions answered.
Learning Partner Content
The best way to prepare for this certification is to take the Cisco-approved training:
Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials (IUWNE)
The goal of the course is to provide students with information and practice activities to prepare them to help design, install, configure, monitor and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks of a Cisco WLAN in Enterprise installations.
» Learn More
Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND)
Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals course is designed for individuals who are involved in the technical management of Cisco wireless platforms and solutions, which involves installing, configuring, operating and troubleshooting.
» Learn More
To earn this Cisco certification, you must pass the following exam(s):
Last day to test: December 14, 2015
The 640-722 Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Network Essential (IUWNE) exam is the exam associated with the CCNA Wireless certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of installing, configuring, operating, and troubleshooting small to medium-size WLANs. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Network Essential (IUWNE) course.
- Learn more about the 640-722 IUWNE exam
- Register for the exam
- Read current exam policies and requirements
The 200-355 Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND) exam is a 90-minute test with 60-70 questions that are associated with the Cisco CCNA Wireless certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of installing, configuring, operating, and troubleshooting small to medium-size WLANs.
CCNA Wireless certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA Wireless certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA Wireless certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification).