Installing a Cisco Unity Connection SRSV System
The Cisco Unity Connection SRSV (branch) can be installed on SRE blade (mounted on Cisco Unified SRST router), virtual machine. For SRST blade, user needs to virtualize SRE blade and over that install Branch. SRE virtualization for the branch install is supported with VMware ESXi v5.0 and 5.1. For more information, see the SRE virtualization documentation.
The following three Cisco Unified SRST configurations are supported:
- SRST: Survivable Remote Site Telephony
- E-SRST: Enhanced SRST
- CME-SRST: Call Manager Express as SRST
Note For installing Cisco Unity Connection either as a cluster or as a part of digital networking on the virtual machine, see the “Installing Cisco Unity Connection” chapter of the Install, Upgrade, and Maintain Guide for Cisco Unity Connection, Release 10.x, available at http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/install_upgrade/guide/10xcuciumgx/10xcuciumg010.html.
Note The Cisco Unity Connection SRSV system can have only one locale installed.
Follow the given tasks to configure a Unity Connection SRSV server:
1. If you want Cisco Unity Connection SRSV Administration to be localized on Japanese locale: Download and install the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Japanese locale. See the “Locale Installation” section in the “Software Upgrades” chapter of the applicable Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.
2. Secure the communication between central and branch after completing the installation. This can be done by either uploading signed certificates to the central server and to the or by allowing the central server and to use self-signed certificates. For more information, see the “Securing Connections in Cisco Unity Connection SRSV” chapter.
3. If you installed additional languages and you want the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant to be localized: Download and install the corresponding Cisco Unified Communications Manager locales. See the “Locale Installation” section in the “Software Upgrades” chapter of the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.
4. Download and install the Real-Time Monitoring Tool software on administrator workstations. See the “Installing and Configuring Real-Time Monitoring Tool” chapter of the Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool Administration Guide.
5. Store all of the software that was shipped with together in a location that is safe and can be readily accessed.