Mandatory Tasks for Installing a Cisco Unity Connection SRSV System
The Cisco Unity Connection SRSV (branch) can be installed on SRE blade (mounted on Cisco Unified SRST router), virtual machine. For SRST blade, user needs to virtualize SRE blade and over that install Branch. SRE virtualization for the branch install is supported with VMware ESXi v5.0 and 5.1. For more information, refer to the SRE virtualization documentation.
The following three Cisco Unified SRST configurations are supported:
- SRST: Survivable Remote Site Telephony
- E-SRST: Enhanced SRST
- CME-SRST: Call Manager Express as SRST
Note For installing Cisco Unity Connection on Virtual Machine, refer to the Install, Upgrade, and Maintain Guide for Cisco Unity Connection available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/install_upgrade/guide/10xcuciumgx.html.
Note Install Connection 10.0(1), either as a cluster setup or as part of digital networking.
Some of the tasks apply only to specific situations, and are noted as such. If a task does not apply to your situation, skip it.
Note The Cisco Unity Connection SRSV system can have only one locale installed.
1. If you want Cisco Unity Connection SRSV Administration to be localized on Japanese locale: Download and install the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Japanese locale. See the “Locale Installation” section in the “Software Upgrades” chapter of the applicable Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.
2. Secure the communication between central and branch after completing the installation. This can be done by either uploading signed certificates to the Central server and to the or by allowing the Central server and the to use self-signed certificates. For more information, refer to the “Securing Connections in Cisco Unity Connection Survivable Remote Site Voicemail 10.0(1)” chapter of this guide.
3. If you installed additional languages and you want the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant to be localized: Download and install the corresponding Cisco Unified Communications Manager locales. See the “Locale Installation” section in the “Software Upgrades” chapter of the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html.
After following all the above mandatory steps, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install the Real-Time Monitoring Tool software on administrator workstations. See the “Installing and Configuring Real-Time Monitoring Tool” chapter of the Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool Administration Guide
2. Store all of the software that was shipped with together in a location that is safe and can be readily accessed.