Installing Plugins in Cisco Unity Connection 10.x
Application plugins extend the functionality of Cisco Unity Connection. For example, the Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) allows you to monitor the health of the system remotely through tools such as performance-monitoring counters and the Port Monitor.
NoteBefore you install any plugins, you must disable all intrusion detection or anti-virus services that run on the server where you will install the plugin.
Steps to Install a Plugin in Unity Connection
Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand System Settings , then select Plugins .
Step 2 On the Search Plugins page, select Find .
Step 3 For the plugin that you want to install, select Download .
Step 4 Follow the on-screen instructions for installing the plugin.
Real-Time Monitoring Tool in Unity Connection
The Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT), which runs as a client-side application, uses HTTPS and TCP to monitor system performance, device status, device discovery, and CTI applications for Unity Connection. RTMT can connect directly to devices via HTTPS to troubleshoot system problems. RTMT can also monitor the voice messaging ports on Unity Connection.
RTMT allows you to do the following tasks:
- Monitor a set of predefined management objects that focus on the health of the system.
- Generate various alerts, in the form of emails, for objects when values go over or below user-configured thresholds.
- Collect and view traces in various default viewers that exist in RTMT.
- View syslog messages and alarm definitions in SysLog Viewer.
- Work with performance-monitoring counters.
- Monitor the voice messaging ports on Unity Connection. When a Unity Connection cluster is configured, you can open multiple instances of RTMT to monitor voice messaging ports on each server in the Unity Connection cluster.
For more information, see the Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool Administration Guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html .