Using the Cisco ISE Failure Reasons Editor
This appendix provides a procedure you can use to access the Cisco ISE Failure Reasons Editor. The Cisco ISE Failure Reason Editor is an option in the Cisco ISE user interface that provides information about all of the failure reasons that could be encountered. You can use this to check on those that are returned as output from a Get Failure Reason Mapping call when using the Cisco ISE Query troubleshooting API.
The Cisco ISE Failure Reasons Editor lets you access the complete list of failure reasons defined by the Cisco ISE software that apply to Cisco Monitoring ISE node operations. The following procedure lets you view or edit the list of defined failure reasons. You must log into the Cisco ISE user interface of the target Cisco Monitoring ISE node to view and access the failure reasons. For details about logging in, see Verifying a Cisco Monitoring ISE Node.
Note For more information about Cisco ISE failure reasons or for general troubleshooting issues, see Chapter 22, “Monitoring and Troubleshooting”, and Appendix D, “Troubleshooting Cisco ISE” in the Cisco Identity Services Engine User Guide, Release 1.1.x
Viewing and Editing Failure Reasons
The Cisco ISE Failure Reason Editor allows you to view the list of failure reasons and edit the description of failure reasons. In addition, it also provides instructions on how to resolve the problem.
To view and edit failure reasons, complete the following steps:
Step 1 Choose Administration > System > Settings.
Step 2 In the navigation panel, expand Monitoring and select Failure Reason Editor.
A list of failure reasons appears in the right panel.
Step 3 To view a known failure reason or to search for failure reasons, complete the following tasks:
- For a known failure reason:
– Select the radio button or name link that corresponds to the failure reason from the list in the Failure Reason Editor page.
- To search for a failure reason:
– Enter a text string in the Filter text box and click Filter.
– Select one (or more) of the matching failure reasons that are listed as search results.
Step 4 To edit a failure reason, do the following:
- Click the radio button to the left of the name (the button turns green when selected).
- Click Edit.
- In the appropriate field, enter or modify a description, then enter or modify the resolution steps.
- Click Submit to save your changes, or click Cancel to quit without saving any changes.