Configuring a Supervisor Engine 32
This chapter describes how to configure a Supervisor Engine 32 in a Cisco 7600 series router. This chapter contains these sections:
Note ● For complete syntax and usage information for the commands used in this chapter, refer to the Cisco 7600 Series Routers Command References at this URL:
- With Cisco IOS software, this is the minimum required Supervisor Engine 32 memory:
– 512 MB DRAM on the Supervisor Engine 32
– 512 MB DRAM on the MSFC2A
- The Supervisor Engine 32 is supported in the WS-6503 and WS-6503-E (3-slot) chassis, but not the Cisco 7603 chassis.
- With a 4-slot chassis, install the Supervisor Engine 32 in either slot 1 or 2.
- With a 6-slot or a 9-slot chassis, install the Supervisor Engine 32 in either slot 5 or 6.
- With a 13-slot chassis, install the Supervisor Engine 32 in either slot 7 or 8.
- The Supervisor Engine 32 has a PFC3B and operates in PFC3B mode.
- The Supervisor Engine 32 does not support switch fabric connectivity.
- For information about the hardware and software features supported by the Supervisor Engine 32, see the Release Notes for Cisco IOS Release 12.2SX on the Supervisor Engine 720, Supervisor Engine 32, and Supervisor Engine 2 at this URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sr/release/notes/122SRrn.html#wp4769974
Flash Memory on a Supervisor Engine 32
The Supervisor Engine 32 has:
- disk0: —One external CompactFlash Type II slot (supports CompactFlash Type II Flash PC cards)
- sup-bootdisk: —256 MB internal CompactFlash Flash memory (from ROMMON, it is bootdisk:)
Both Sup32 modules require a minimum of 128-MB bootflash to run Release 12.2SRB and later releases. A CompactFlash (CF) adapter with 512-MB bootflash is available for Sup32 modules in Release 12.2(18)SXF and later releases. Use the Cisco part number CF-ADAPTER= for ordering.
Supervisor Engine 32 Ports
The console port for the Supervisor Engine 32 port is an EIA/TIA-232 (RS-232) port. The Supervisor Engine 32 also has two Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0 ports that are not currently enabled.
WS-SUP32-GE-3B ports 1 through 8 have small form-factor pluggable (SFP) connectors and port 9 is a 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ-45 port.
WS-SUP32-10GE ports 1 and 2 are 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports that accept XENPAKs and port 3 is a 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ-45 port.