A More Adaptable Network at Your Command
With software-defined networking (SDN), you can more easily make your network automatically adjust to application needs and what you need it to do. No more changing configurations across an endless number of devices. You gain an end-to-end network services view and can control your core assets more effectively.
SDN is a critical piece of our strategy to help you build a network today for what your business needs tomorrow.
The Potential of SDN
Use SDN to:
- Improve applications and network interactions and enforce policies in real time
- Allow direct network control and support automation across multivendor systems
- Manage end-to-end services independent of the data forwarding gear you use
- Upgrade, replace, and scale control and data forwarding products independently
We Put the Power of SDN in Your Control
Our open architecture for SDN-based services helps you capture new business. It is adaptable, simple to manage, and cost-effective. We’ve made it easy to adopt, and offer three platforms for you to build on.
- Cisco Evolved Services Platform is a software suite that lets you automate your services delivery.
- Cisco Evolved Programmable Network helps you deploy a highly secure infrastructure for network, computing, and storage.
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure offers policy-based automation across data center networks.
We combine SDN with two complementary technology initiatives:
Why Choose Cisco SDN
Your business results are what matter. You need SDN, NFV, and open-source projects together to succeed. With our SDN end-to-end services approach, you can:
- Respond faster to changing market demands
- Get the SDN infrastructure that includes policy models
- Automate your services delivery and support multivendor products
- Match your business models to how you buy with our flexible buying options
SDN and Network Services
Discover more about our services automation and orchestration.Explore Our Evolved Services Platform
SDN and Network Infrastructure
Learn the details about our network architecture approach.Read About the Evolved Programmable Network
SDN and Data Center Applications
Learn about our policy-based automation across your data centers and cloud services.Discover Application Centric Infrastructure
You May Also Like
Carrier SDN: Service Provider Perspectives, Transition Strategies and Use Cases 2014 White Paper (PDF - 1 MB)
High-Performance Hardware: Enhance Its Use in Software-Defined Networking
Service Orchestration Requirements for a New Era of Networking White Paper (PDF - 1 MB)
Software-Defined Networking: Discover How to Save Money and Generate New Revenue