Are You Ready for NERC CIP V5?
Monitor, log, and diagnose systems with our substation security solution. (PDF - 746 KB)
Improve Grid Reliability, Compliance, and Cost Savings
Enhance Utility Operations
The Cisco Substation Automation solution helps utility operators face a variety of business and operational challenges by offering solutions that comply with industry standards such as IEC 61850 and IEEE 1613. Cisco offers substation automation products and services designed to provide a reliable and secure communications network to enable:
- Protection and control
- Remote diagnostics
- Predictive maintenance solutions
- Connected Grid Solutions for the Substation At-A-Glance (PDF - 490 KB)
- Improve Wide Area Monitoring (PDF - 556 KB)
- Power Company Modernizes Substation with Standards-Based Networking (PDF - 480 KB)
Eidsiva Energi drives 21st-century efficiency and management with IEC-61850 digital bus for substation automation.
- Norway Utility Modernizes Power Grid (PDF - 414 KB)
BKK AS moves critical electrical grid services to next-generation IP-based utility network.
- State Grid of China Expands Network with Connected Grid Design Suite (PDF - 1.2 MB)
Connected Grid Design Suite helps plan thousands of substations.
- Western Power Distribution Chooses Cisco (PDF - 795 KB)
Building a pilot communications infrastructure to support 11kV grid reinforcement monitoring.
- Ausgrid and Cisco Services Help Create Smarter Substations in Australia (PDF - 224 KB)
Architectural approach focuses on helping Ausgrid to achieve security and operational efficiency for substation automation.
- Electric Utility Streamlines Substation Operations (PDF - 313 KB)
Duke Energy standardizes on Cisco Connected Grid for migrating serial networks to a standards-based IP infrastructure.
- Hydroelectric Power Plant Integrates Communications (PDF - 153 KB)
Russian Federation energy company improves safety and efficiency with Cisco Smart Grid solutions.
- Energy Company Secures Physical Sites and Substation Network (PDF - 187 KB)
First Wind implements IP-based video surveillance, physical access controls, and connected grid solutions.
- Optimizing Costs (6:08 min)
- Connected Grid Design Services Substation Workbench (4:09 min)
- Substation Automation (3:45 min)
- Next Generation Utility Core Operational Networks (4:29 min)
- IP Multicast Technology for PMU Networks (4:19 min)
- Case Study: Western Power Distribution Chooses Cisco (8:55 min)
- Schneider Electric Differential Teleprotection over Cisco MPLS network (PDF - 616 KB)
- Siemens Utilities Teleprotection over MPLS Wide-Area Networks (PDF - 615 KB)
- Integrating Substation IT and OT Device Access and Management (PDF - 1.1 MB)
- Multiprotocol Label Switching for the Utility Wide Area Network (PDF - 299 KB)
- Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) for Connected Energy
- PMU Networking with IP Multicast
- Substation Automation Solutions for Utility Operations
- Substation Automation for the Smart Grid