Building Today's Modern Grid
Cisco GridBlocks architecture provides a forward-looking view on how to integrate the electrical grid with a digital communications network. The architecture offers guidance on deployment of grid-specific applications, as well as providing a framework for designing and implementing comprehensive management and security solutions across the grid.
Primary benefits of the GridBlocks architecture include:
- A flexible, modular approach that supports a phased utility transformation
- An open standards-based vision of power delivery chain connectivity
- A lower cost of ownership and new value creation by helping to enable new services and functional integration
- A framework for developing custom grid modernization roadmaps for utilities well into the future
Cisco Connected Grid Portfolio (PDF - 2 MB)
- GridBlocks Architecture Overview (PDF - 1 MB)
Australia Gets Smarter Substations (PDF - 224 KB)
Ausgrid can now achieve security and operational efficiency for substation automation.
- IPv6 Architecture for Field Area Networks (PDF - 845 KB)