Detect, Connect and Engage Users In-Venue
Whether you are in retail, hospitality, transportation, healthcare, education, or government, visitors to your venue are always on, always connected. Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) lets you tap into this connected lifestyle and provide relevant mobile content while gaining meaningful analytics.Our professional services team can help you define and deliver the Connected Mobile Experiences to back your business initiatives.
Using your Cisco wireless network and location intelligence from the Mobility Services Engine (MSE), CMX helps you create personalized mobile experiences for mobile end users and gain operational efficiency with location-based services.
See Where Mobile Users Are in Your Venue with CMX Analytics
Gain insight into mobile user behavior and improve operations with Wi-Fi-based location analytics and reports, including the number of visitors, dwell time and movement patterns.Watch Video
Provide Simple Wi-Fi Access Using CMX Connect
Give your mobile users easy guest access and customize the landing experience with the Cisco custom location-enabled captive portal.Watch the Video
Connect Social with Mobile with CMX for Facebook Wi-Fi
This Cisco partnership with Facebook helps you boost brand recognition while providing simple guest access to your Wi-Fi network.Watch Video
Personalize Mobile Experiences with CMX Engage
Directly interact with mobile users with push notifications, wayfinding services, and more. Now you can, with MSE location information tightly integrated into mobile applications using the Mobility Services API or SDK.Watch Video
The ability to capture new and keep existing customers by delivering more value is essential to continued growth in all industries. Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) allows customers mobile users to connect through your onsite Wi-Fi. It opens a direct channel of communication that lets you better understand and deliver what your guests want.
When you more effectively engage your mobile users, you can:
- Increase loyalty of existing customers and attract new customers by providing them with a personalized experience
- Heighten the guest experience by providing Wi-Fi access and key information during their journey
- Increase brand exposure through social media check-in and feed streaming
- Increase visitor satisfaction by helping them make decisions more aligned with their needs
By helping you better understand how your visitors actually behave while at your site, Cisco CMX helps you make the best use of your floor plan. With this improved insight, you can:
- Determine the most trafficked locations to position advertisements, products or services
- Adjust venue layout to optimize traffic flow in periods of high use
- Staff service locations to accommodate visitor flows and time of day
- Evaluate impact of floor plan adjustments
For your customers and your business, the Cisco CMX solution can deliver the right information at the right time.
Built upon Cisco Unified Access infrastructure and Cisco Service Provider Wi-Fi, CMX is a platform for business innovation. Its products are listed below.
Cisco Mobility Services Engine with the Base Location or CMX License
Detect presence of mobile devices, transparently connect to Wi-Fi, and locate mobile devices to deliver location-based services. The MSE is available as a physical or virtual appliance, and includes APIs to support a growing third-party applications and an SDK to build location-based apps.
Provide robust wireless performance and scalability with the Cisco Aironet Access Points and Cisco Wireless Controllers. Get complete wired and wireless network management and reporting from a single pane with Cisco Prime Infrastructure. The Cisco MSE communicates with Cisco wireless infrastructure to determine location and is managed by Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
Partners in the Cisco DevNet program deliver location-aware guest access, device-based services, browser-based services, mobile apps, online and onsite analytics, social analytics, ads and offers, and more.
Open up new revenue opportunities for enterprises and service providers. Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) provides the wireless platform for business and network service innovation. Cisco Services, together with Cisco partners, offers services to help plan, build, and manage your mobile wireless solution and get the most from your existing network.
For enterprises, Cisco Services helps extend bring-your-own-device (BYOD) initiatives beyond employees, to engage customers with a personalized mobile experience based on their location and preferences. For service providers, Cisco Services can help expand 4G, Long-Term Evolution (LTE), and Wi-Fi services with small cells to provide personalized mobility services.
Get Started with CMX
To deliver an effective and optimized mobile experience, your deployment should consider the industry, business, customer, and your existing network infrastructure. Cisco Services, together with its partners, can help with professional services that support you across three important areas of your CMX platform:
Plan Your Solution
During the planning phase, Cisco Services or a certified partner will assess your WLAN to:
- Evaluate your existing WLAN infrastructure
- Capture both technical and business input and requirements
Next, the team will use the Cisco WLAN Planning and Design Service, which includes location services and high-density wireless. Your services delivery team will use the assessment findings to help you plan and design your connected mobile experience solution, addressing important elements such as:
- Access point placement and mapping against venue size
- Location service functionality
- Security and compliance concerns
With the scope of your solution deployment well defined, your Cisco Services team can design a high-density, location-aware wireless network that:
- Addresses your primary needs
- Provides a clear path to future growth and expansion
Build Your Solution
The actual development and deployment of your Cisco CMX solution can be performed by Cisco Services teams or a qualified professional services partner. Either delivery model:
- Is built on proven Cisco methodologies
- Includes advanced technology expertise
- Uses Cisco smart services technology and intellectual capital
Manage Your Solution
After your Cisco CMX solution is in place, you can let Cisco or one of our partners manage day-to-day operations to help ensure:
- Peak performance
- Optimal return on investment
Talk to your Cisco representative or a certified partner service representative to tailor a solution for your needs.
Log in to access tools and resources.Log In
- CMX Momentum - Announcement (10:09 min)
- CMX Momentum: What's in it for Partners Video (10:47 min)
- How Do We Win with Partners Video (9:43 min)
- Mobility Services Ordering and Licensing Guide (PDF - 249 KB)
- CMX Connect At-a-Glance (PDF - 334 KB)
- CMX Analytics At-a-Glance (PDF - 592 KB)
- Cisco and Phunware At-a-Glance (PDF - 401 KB)
- Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) Partner BDM Presentation (PPT - 11.6 MB)
- CMX Phunware EBC for Partners (PPT - 21.4 MB)
- intu-Spotlight, Retail Experience (PPT - 1 MB)
- CMX Sales Proposal for Partner Use
- Connected Mobile Experiences BDM Deck (PPT - 20.2 MB)
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) – CMX Connect (PDF - 332 KB)
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences At a Glance (PDF - 313 KB)
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences for Retail
Cisco Hyperlocation Solution At a Glance (PDF - 401 KB)
Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) for Healthcare (PDF - 38 KB)
Connected Mobile Experiences for Hospitality (PDF - 43 KB)
City Attracts Visitors with Free Outdoor Wi-Fi (PDF - 611 KB)
Hong Kong Academy (PDF - 333 KB)
MGM Resorts International
Mall Learns about Shopper Behavior from Location Information (PDF - 350 KB)
PortAventura Theme Park
Shopping Center Landlord Enhances Customer Experience with Wi-Fi Services (PDF - 363 KB)
St. Olav's Hospital (PDF - 720 KB)
Stanley Black & Decker
Stary Brower Mall
Sun International Delivers the Ultimate Guest Experience (PDF - 450 KB)
University Connects People and Things in New Ways (PDF - 393 KB)
Wi-Fi Innovation Powers Next-Generation Airport Services (PDF - 260 KB)
intu-Spotlight, Retail Experience (PPTX - 1 MB)
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences Overview Presentation (PDF - 8 MB)
IoE - Location Aware Solutions for Healthcare Overview