Enhance Security for Data at Rest
View an animated demonstration of Cisco Storage Media Encryption benefits.
Protect Your Data Center SAN Infrastructure
Due to recent high-profile security breaches and identity thefts, governments and security agencies have introduced security regulations such as:
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- The Basel II Accord
- The European Union Data Protection Directive
The loss of sensitive data raises security concerns about data at rest and data in motion. Concerns include theft of disk drives, backup tapes lost during transportation, and hacking and access control. Additional security risk is introduced by exposing clear text information while replicating data on remote sites and offsite storage areas for compliance.
Non-Disruptive Data Protection
Cisco address these security concerns and government regulations on protecting data inside the storage environment, without slowing or disrupting business-critical applications. These solutions include:
- Cisco Storage Media Encryption (SME): Encrypt data at rest on heterogeneous tape devices and virtual tape libraries
- Secure Access: Isolate devices using virtual SANs (VSANs), and share resources across VSANs without compromising benefits
- Cisco TrustSec Fibre Channel Link Encryption: Encrypt data in flight on
- Fibre Channel links using Cisco TrustSec Fibre Channel
- Gigabit Ethernet links for iSCSI and Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) using Cisco IPSec solutions