Improve Employee Engagement
The more connected your employees feel, the easier it is for them to support the organization's objectives.
As the work environment becomes more mobile and dispersed, it's challenging to keep employees fully engaged. This engagement is both social and logistic: Employees need trusted connections with executives, managers, and peers, as well as access to the tools and information necessary to do their jobs, collaborate with others, and develop their skills.
Collaboration is fundamental to high levels of employee engagement. Key findings outlined in a study from BlessingWhite identify several benefits, including the following:
- Employees view career development, training, and opportunities to apply their talents as top factors in job satisfaction.
- Trust in executives appears to have more than twice the impact on engagement that trust in immediate managers does.
- Engaged employees stay for what they give to the organization, whereas the disengaged stay for what they get from the organization.
- Executives have to demonstrate consistency in words and actions, communicate often in depth, and align business practices and behaviors throughout the organization.
Collaboration Use Cases
Explore ways to increase and maintain employee engagement.
Primary Use Cases for Improving Employee Engagement
- Support Teleworkers and Branch Offices:
Encourage employees to work with highly secure information access from multiple locations, including satellite or home offices or when traveling.
- Deliver Online Events and Training:
Broadcast live and on-demand events, meetings, and training so all employees have access to the same information, where and when they need it.
- Incorporate Video into Meetings:
Improve communications, relationships, and productivity by facilitating face-to-face meetings over distance.
Secondary Use Cases for Improving Employee Engagement
- Extend Telephony with Video:
Access face-to-face video communications directly from your phone or softphone system.
- Enable Mobile Workers and BYOD Access:
Encourage employees to work where they're most effective using personal or company-issued mobile devices as a secure extension of your enterprise network.
- Create Flexible Work Areas and Office Space:
Scale office space while creating work areas that foster employee inclusiveness, collaboration, innovation, and teamwork.
Identify Your Business Priorities
Address business priorities by improving collaboration.
Technology supports innovation for individuals and within communities.Read White Paper (PDF - 3.6 MB)
The New Collaboration Experience
Empower people to engage and create relationships that drive innovation.Read At-a-Glance (PDF - 692 KB)