Protect Your Pay-TV Service on Any Device
Extend your pay-TV service and content to any device, in the home or on the go, with Cisco VideoGuard DRM. Building on our expertise in protecting advanced pay-TV services, Cisco VideoGuard DRM supports flexible business models. You can increase your revenue and help enable cross-device synchronized experiences for premium content.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco VideoGuard DRM is the only system of its kind that is built for pay TV. Other static Digital Rights Management (DRM) systems provide only basic protection. VideoGuard DRM, however, proactively modifies critical components before hackers can compromise your service. VideoGuard DRM is also designed for the long term, with a feature roadmap that you can depend on today and tomorrow.
Get Protection and Peace of Mind
Cisco VideoGuard DRM is more than just a product; it also offers peace of mind. Our Global Operational Security team monitors and gathers critical intelligence to help local law enforcement agencies shut down any illegal content redistributors.
In deploying Cisco VideoGuard DRM, your platform also benefits from:
- Unique, moving-target security in each device
- Service and content protection to help secure your pay-TV brand
- Industry-leading security rating and the approval of major Hollywood studios
- Customized security and business features to meet your requirements
Open New Revenue Streams and Enhance Loyalty
By extending your pay-TV service to multiple devices, you offer benefits that help strengthen subscriber loyalty. You can also introduce other revenue-generating business models, including:
- Event-based digital rights for live and special events
- Subscription, rental, or download to own
- Stream and side-load content between devices in the home and on the go
- Buy once and view on any device
- "Sync and Go" content downloads for offline viewing
- Cloud DVR services
Support All Subscriber Devices
Using the open Internet and an active integration roadmap, Cisco VideoGuard DRM extends your TV services to the most popular consumer electronic devices, including:
- PCs and Macs
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices
- Android mobile and tablet devices
- Gaming consoles
- IP set-top boxes and connected TVs
Offer High-Quality Experiences on Any Device
When delivering live and on-demand content over an unmanaged network, you must offer the best possible playback experience on all devices. By using adaptive bit rate (ABR), Cisco VideoGuard DRM matches video quality to the user's available bandwidth. Your subscribers can therefore enjoy a consistent and high-quality video stream, wherever they are.
Support Multi-DRM Systems
The growing consumer electronics market may have several active DRMs in a typical pay-TV infrastructure. Cisco VideoGuard DRM supports third-party DRM protocols with integrated user and device authentication services. You get full control over content distribution and consumption by managing:
- Business rules
- Policies to comply with rights and content agreements