External FXO Gateway Extends Your Investments
The Cisco SPA8800 IP Telephony Gateway is a multipurpose solution that small businesses can use to connect an on-premise IP private branch exchange (PBX) system to the public switched telephone network (PSTN), or connect a legacy time-division multiplexing (TDM) PBX or key system to voice-over-IP (VoIP) services. The Cisco SPA8800 provides a combination of four Foreign eXchange Office (FXO) and four Foreign eXchange Subscriber (FXS) ports to connect to existing analog phones, which helps protect and extend your existing communications equipment investments, too.
The Cisco SPA8800 also has the capability to be configured as an FXO gateway for an Asterisk Open Source PBX providing a versatile solution when conditions favor an external device.
Additional features of the Cisco SPA8800 include:
- Converts voice traffic into data packets for transmission over an IP network
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) standards for voice and data networking provides reliable voice and fax operation
- Secure, encryption-based methods for communicating, provisioning, and servicing
- Toll-quality voice and carrier-grade feature support
- Large-scale deployment management