Wide Access, Wild Versatility
The Cisco SPS224G4 is a powerful and cost-effective access switch for service providers wishing to offer Metro Ethernet service to residential and business customers. It offers 24 10/100 Ethernet copper ports and four Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports. Two of the uplink ports are also available as shared pluggable Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) modules for optional optical interfaces for connecting to the core network.
Additional features of the Cisco SPS224G4 Gigabit SP Switch include:
- Manageability through an intuitive web graphical interface or a command-line interface (CLI)
- Gigabit copper or pluggable SFP module for an optional optical connection to the core network
- Delivery of multiple services over a Layer 2 network with support for Q-in-Q (also known as VLAN stacking), which allows VLANs to be kept separate across the service provider backbone
- A strong security feature set that includes support for IP Source Guard, Dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) Inspection, STP Root Guard, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Guard, and per-session 802.1x support
- Support for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) management from a network management station
Available in selected markets only. Please check with your account manager or distributor for availability.