Cisco MDS 9000 I/O Accelerator
Accelerate Traffic and Reduce Response Time
Business continuity and backup require multiple data centers, located far enough apart to protect against regional power failures, data loss, and natural and man-made disasters.
Synchronous remote data replication and remote tape backups are appropriate for data recovery and protection. However, distance and latency between data centers have a negative effect on application performance.
Cisco MDS 9000 I/O Accelerator (IOA) software offers traffic acceleration services that dramatically reduce application response time. It also increases the acceptable distance for synchronous replication and tape backup solutions.
A Wide Range of Continuity Benefits
Cisco MDS 9000 IOA is transport-independent, providing a unified solution to accelerate I/O operations over metropolitan area networks (MANs) and WANs. You can use it as a fabric service, which allows service units (interfaces) to be located anywhere in the fabric to provide acceleration services to any port. Key features include:
- Speed independence – accelerate 1, 2, 4, 8, 10, and 16-Gbps links and consolidate traffic over 8, 10, and 16-Gbps Inter-Switch Links (ISL)
- High availability and fault tolerance – combine port channels, equal-cost multipathing (ECMP), Lightweight Reliable Transport Protocol (LRTP), and service clustering
- Transparent insertion – no requirement of fabric reconfiguration or rewiring; can be transparently turned on
- Easy, intuitive provisioning, using Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager
- Services in the SAN (PDF - 1.4 MB)
Read why IDC says a data center is a critical facilitator of the extended enterprise.
(All Cisco MDS 9000 Services-Oriented SANs Products Data Sheets List ) Q&A
(All Cisco MDS 9000 Services-Oriented SANs Products Q and As List ) White Papers
(All Cisco MDS 9000 Services-Oriented SANs Products White Papers List )