Proven Savings in IT Operations
Streamline many of your most time-consuming daily activities, including configuration, provisioning, monitoring, and problem resolution with Cisco UCS Manager. It reduces TCO and simplifies daily operations to generate significant savings.
Read on to learn why more than 50,000 customers worldwide use Cisco UCS Manager.
Streamline daily operations
Automate and simplify the management of Cisco UCS and Cisco HyperFlex infrastructure. (PDF - 604 KB)See benefits
Features and capabilities
Cisco UCS Manager supports the entire Cisco UCS server and Cisco HyperFlex Series portfolios. It is embedded on a pair of Cisco UCS 6300 or 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects, supporting an end-to-end Ethernet or Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) solution of up to 40 Gb and up to 16 Gb Fibre Channel. The manager participates in server, fabric, and storage provisioning, device discovery, inventory, configuration, diagnostics, monitoring, fault detection, auditing, and statistics collection.
Cisco UCS management helps significantly reduce management and administration expenses by automating routine tasks to increase operational agility Customers can extend the benefits of Cisco UCS Manager globally across an enterprise to thousands of servers in multiple domains with Cisco UCS Central Software.
Our open platform treats infrastructure as code. It extends the functionality of existing management tools through a broad, mature partner ecosystem. IT organizations can transition to DevOps by evolving existing staff, skills, tools, and processes and makinge them more efficient, to gain even TCO savings.
An open API facilitates integration of Cisco UCS Manager with a wide variety of monitoring, analysis, configuration, deployment, and orchestration tools from other independent software vendors. The API also facilitates customer development through the Cisco UCS PowerTool for Powershell and a Python SDK.
- Supports Cisco UCS B-Series blade and C-Series rack servers, UCS Mini, Cisco Composable Infrastructure and Cisco HyperFlex hyperconverged infrastructure
- Unified, embedded, policy-driven management programmatically controls server, network, and storage resources, so the can be efficiently managed at scale through software
- Works with HTML 5, Java, or CLI graphical user interfaces
- Autodiscovery can detect, inventory, manage, and provision system components that are added or changed
- An open XML API facilitates integration with third-party systems management tools
- Role-based administration builds on existing skills and supports collaboration across disciplines
Average savings from Cisco UCS Manager
Based on analysis of more than 160 case studies, on average, customers achieved the following savings:
- 83 percent decrease in provisioning time
- 75 percent reduction in project execution time
- 66 percent lower ongoing administrative and management costs
Find your opportunity. Try our TCO-ROI Advisor today.
For more information
- Find out more about large-scale deployments with Cisco UCS Central for multidomain Cisco UCS Management
- Learn more about Cisco UCS Director for orchestration and integrated infrastructure management
- Simulate Cisco UCS operations to discover how the infrastructure works with Cisco UCS Platform Emulator.
- For resources, such as developer guides and management tips, visit the Cisco UCS user community
- Try the Cisco UCS Manager test drive video
- To see UCS Manager in action, visit the Cisco UCS Advantage Video Library
- For more information about Cisco UCS Manager, read these white papers
- Deploy Cisco UCS Manager quickly with Cisco UCS Manager Quick-Start Guide
UCS Partner Ecosystem
Cisco UCS management features integrations with many operations tools. (PDF - 652 KB)Learn More