Unify and Embed Management for Unified Computing
Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Manager provides unified, embedded management of all software and hardware components in the Cisco UCS. Using SingleConnect Technology it controls multiple chassis and manages resources for thousands of virtual machines.
Learn more about embedded management benefits. (2:14 min)
Cisco UCS Test Drive
Cisco UCS Manager demos highlight the benefits of the Cisco UCS. (1:26 min)Launch Now
Improve Operational Efficiency
Through its unified, embedded, policy-based, and ecosystem-friendly approach, Cisco UCS Manager helps reduce management and administration expenses, which are among the largest items in most IT budgets. The UCS Manager can manage up to 160 servers and thousands of Cisco UCS components in multiple chassis. The embedded management software and all the managed components are part of a UCS domain. With Cisco UCS Central, management can be extended globally to thousands of servers in multiple domains.
Cisco UCS Manager supports data center automation, helping to increase operational agility and scalability, while reducing risk. It provides policy-based management with service templates and service profiles.
Cisco UCS Manager facilitates operation of workloads on physical as well as virtualized Cisco UCS servers. It promotes server consolidation and offers the flexibility to run workloads on blade or rack-mount servers.
Improve Visibility and Control
Integration of the Cisco UCS Manager with industry-leading systems management solutions supports the use of existing IT staff, skills, tools, and processes. A comprehensive, open XML API that exposes 9000 points of integration and facilitates custom development to achieve new levels of system visibility and control.
Features and Benefits
Cisco UCS Manager offers:
- A unified embedded management interface that integrates server, network, and storage access
- Policy and model-based management, with service profiles, that improves agility and reduces risk
- Auto-discovery to detect, inventory, manage, and provision system components that are added or changed
- A comprehensive open XML API, which facilitates integration with third-party systems management tools
- Role-based administration that builds on existing skills and supports collaboration across disciplines
- Deploy UCS Manager quickly with Cisco UCS Manager Quickstart Guide
- To see UCS Manager in action, visit the Cisco UCS Advantage Video Library
- For additional resources like the UCS Platform Emulator, developer guides and management tips visit the Cisco UCS user community
- Accelerate deployment of Cisco UCS with help from Cisco Data Center Services
For More Information
- Find out more about large-scale deployments with Cisco UCS Central for multi-domain Cisco UCS Management
- Find out about Cisco UCS Director for integrated infrastructure management. Attend Live UCS Director Webinar
- Find out more about SingleConnect Technology which makes management of blade and rack servers together, possible.
Simulate UCS Operations
Find out how the infrastructure works with Cisco UCS Platform Emulator.Download Now