Increase IT Flexibility
Quickly adapt your IT strategy to business needs with UCS Director.
Simplify Multidomain Management
From adding domains to firmware updates, UCS Central v1.1, simplifies admin tasks.
Winner: Microsoft Best of TechEd Award
UCS Manager earns Breakthrough Technology Award for 2012.
Gain Scalable Operational Efficiency
Cisco UCS Management products offer effective automation capabilities and role-based access to help you efficiently administer data center infrastructure.
- Provides embedded, unified, policy-based management of Cisco UCS servers and fabric components
- Simplifies systems management tasks with service profiles
- Improves IT productivity through an open API
- Provides granular visibility and control through partners™ management tools
- Simplifies global operations
- Centralizes management of UCS global policies, service profiles, ID pools, and templates
- Exposes an open API for large-scale automation, and integration with other tools
- Extends policy-based control and automation beyond UCS domains and Nexus devices
- Expands configuration and automation beyond Cisco products
- Manages industry-leading converged infrastructure solutions
- Delivers quality and business speed
- Collects information about UCS servers, network, storage, and virtual machine hosts
- Unifies performance monitoring and management of Cisco UCS integrated infrastructure solutions
- Delivers real-time views of fabric and data center switch bandwidth usage and capacity thresholds
- Provides a single, accurate view of all components, allowing navigation into them for troubleshooting
Gain Value Using Partner Solutions
Through an open API, Cisco collaborates with systems management vendors to deliver optimized solutions covering the entire operational lifecycle.
Learn more about the broad Cisco UCS management ecosystem. (3:35 min)
Some of the ways you can take advantage of partner solutions follow. Deploy operating systems and applications on Cisco UCS to deliver business services. Manage multiple software layers across data centers. Use specialized network management software to takes advantage of unique UCS capabilities, all within the context of existing IT processes.
A variety of tools work with Cisco UCS, including:
- Service assurance tools which use standard UCS interfaces to gain visibility into application health
- Analysis and performance tools which can identify infrastructure resources and map their dependencies throughout the application stack
- Provisioning tools which can deploy complete hardware-software application stacks by using UCS service profiles to define bare-metal x86 server and network resources
- Configuration management tools which enforce policies through the Cisco UCS API to help ensure consistently deployed infrastructure
Check out some of the system management integrations on the Cisco UCS User Community
Featured Solution Overviews
- Cisco UCS with Centerity's Unified Business Service Management Solution (PDF - 396 KB)
Cisco Unified Computing System with Centerity's Unified Business Service Management (BSM) Solution provides an End-to-End Monitoring Platform for Cisco Managed and Cloud Services.
- Optimally Manage the Data Center
Use systems management tools from Cisco and Microsoft.
- Power VMware with Cisco UCS (PDF - 396 KB)
Understand the business advantages in this solution brief.
- Automate Lifecycle Management (PDF - 653 KB)
HP Operations Manager and HP Operations Orchestrator make it possible.
Solution Overviews and White Papers
- MapR Cisco Optimized Data Engineering (PDF - 570 KB)
- ScienceLogic IT Management Platform
- Splunk Enterprise
- Zenoss Cloud Service Assurance
- CA Technologies Enterprise Management (PDF - 940 KB)
- Altiris Preboot Image Driver Injection
- Altiris Scripted OS Deployment: Microsoft Windows 2008
- Altiris Scripted OS Deployment: Microsoft Windows 2008 R2
Custom Development with Cisco UCS Manager
The Cisco UCS Manager XML API is an open interface to the managed UCS objects. Documentation for this API is available on the Cisco Developer Network. To support you in developing solutions, the following resources are available:
Find Cisco UCS Hot Deals
Reduce data center costs with Cisco UCS Promotions.Learn More
Connect with UCS Users
Find out how customers are using Cisco UCS capabilities.Learn More
Manage Servers Efficiently
UCS innovations can help you overcome limitations in legacy infrastructure.View Video Library