Increase IT Flexibility
Quickly adapt your IT strategy to business needs with Cisco UCS Director.
Simplify Multidomain Management
From adding domains to firmware updates, Cisco UCS Central 1.1, simplifies admin tasks.
Gain Scalable Operational Efficiency
Enhance the automation and efficiency of Cisco and third-party servers, network, storage, integrated or composable infrastructure, and hyperconverged systems.
- Manages infrastructure as code to improve IT agility and reduce TCO
- Automates management of Cisco UCS Mini, UCS M-Series, and blade and rack servers
- Can be integrated with monitoring and analytics, and deployment, configuration, and service orchestration tools
- Speeds up daily operations and reduces risks with policy-driven, model-based architecture
- Scales up to 6000 servers to manage Cisco UCS server domains across data centers and geographies
- Improves productivity with centralized resource inventory and automated policy-based server and network firmware upgrades
- Provides a centralized fault summary for faster problem resolution and improved reliability
- Can be integrated with partner products
- Manages Cisco and third-party servers, network, storage, integrated or composable infrastructure, and hyperconverged systems
- Automates and orchestrates IT processes
- Supported by independent hardware and software vendors through open APIs
- Operates across infrastructure stacks in the data center, edge scale, and Mode 2 environments globally
- Unifies performance monitoring and management of Cisco UCS servers, network, storage, and composable or integrated infrastructure
- Delivers real-time views of bandwidth use and capacity thresholds
- Discovers and creates relationship models for a single, accurate view of all components
- Helps you to easily navigate to components to resolve problems fast
Gain Value Using Partner Solutions
Through an open API, Cisco collaborates with systems management vendors to deliver optimized solutions covering the entire operational lifecycle.
Learn more about the broad Cisco UCS management ecosystem. (3:35 min)
Some of the ways you can take advantage of partner solutions follow. Deploy operating systems and applications on Cisco UCS to deliver business services. Manage multiple software layers across data centers. Use specialized network management software to takes advantage of unique UCS capabilities, all within the context of existing IT processes.
A variety of tools work with Cisco UCS, including:
- Service assurance tools which use standard UCS interfaces to gain visibility into application health
- Analysis and performance tools which can identify infrastructure resources and map their dependencies throughout the application stack
- Provisioning tools which can deploy complete hardware-software application stacks by using UCS service profiles to define bare-metal x86 server and network resources
- Configuration management tools which enforce policies through the Cisco UCS API to help ensure consistently deployed infrastructure
Check out some of the system management integrations on the Cisco UCS User Community
Featured Solution Overviews
- Cisco UCS with Centerity's Unified Business Service Management Solution (PDF - 396 KB)
Cisco Unified Computing System with Centerity's Unified Business Service Management (BSM) Solution provides an End-to-End Monitoring Platform for Cisco Managed and Cloud Services.
- Power VMware with Cisco UCS (PDF - 396 KB)
Understand the business advantages in this solution brief.
- Automate Lifecycle Management (PDF - 653 KB)
HP Operations Manager and HP Operations Orchestrator make it possible.
Solution Overviews and White Papers
Custom Development with Cisco UCS Manager
The Cisco UCS Manager XML API is an open interface to the managed UCS objects. Documentation for this API is available on the Cisco Developer Network. To support you in developing solutions, the following resources are available:
Find Cisco UCS Hot Deals
Reduce data center costs with Cisco UCS Promotions.Learn More
Connect with UCS Users
Find out how customers are using Cisco UCS capabilities.Learn More
Manage Servers Efficiently
UCS innovations can help you overcome limitations in legacy infrastructure.View Video Library