Delivering Outstanding Scalability and Expandability
Designed for enterprise performance and scalability, the Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Server combines the advantage of four-socket computing with the cost-effective Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 and E5-4600 v2 product families, for demanding virtualization and database workloads. The UCS B420 M3 is a balanced, high performance platform that complements the UCS four socket blade server portfolio. It offers industry-leading computing density, I/O bandwidth, and memory footprint, The full-width UCS B420 M3 supports 1.5 TB of memory and takes full advantage UCS virtual interface card (VIC) technology for up to 160 Gbps aggregate I/O bandwidth.
Learn more about the features and benefits of Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Server. (1:48 min)
The UCS B420 M3 is part of the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) that combines blade and rack servers with networking and storage access into a single unified system. Centrally configured through unified, model-based management, Cisco UCS simplifies and speeds deployment of enterprise-class applications running in bare-metal, virtualized, and cloud-computing environments.
A Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis can house up to four Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Servers, supporting up to 6 TB of memory per chassis.
Features and Capabilities
- Suitable for nearly all four-socket applications
- Exceptional building block for the Cisco Unified Computing System
- Full-width form factor offering expandability, performance, and massive I/O bandwidth
- Unique Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) technology provides I/O bandwidth up to 160 Gbps
- Cisco SingleConnect technology for one simplified link for rack servers, blade servers, and virtual machines
Specifications at a Glance
- Up to two or four Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 and E5-4600 v2 product family
- Up to 1.5 TB of memory with 48 DIMM slots
- Up to four SAS, SATA, or SSD drives
- Using the Cisco UCS VIC 1240 and its port expander allows up to eight 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Adding Cisco VIC 1280 to Cisco VIC 1240 and port expander can increase bandwidth to sixteen 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Two mezzanine, PCIe slots, Generation 3 for third party network adapters
- The Fusion IO and LSI cards significantly improve application performance for Cisco UCS servers
* All prices shown are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) in United States dollars and are subject to change without notice. Prices exclude taxes, shipping, handling, and other applicable fees. Cisco Global Price List and contractual or standard discounts do not apply to any MSRP stated here. Service is sold separately. Any quoted prices for associated software are subject to change based on reseller terms. Orders will be fulfilled by Cisco-certified resellers, and actual reseller prices may vary. Cisco and Cisco resellers reserve the right to cancel orders arising from pricing or other errors.