Centralize Email and Web Security Management
The Cisco Content Security Management Appliance (SMA) centralizes management and reporting functions across multiple Cisco email and web security appliances. It simplifies administration and planning, improves compliance monitoring, helps to enable consistent enforcement of policy, and enhances threat protection.
NSS Labs Rates Sourcefire a Leader
Learn why Advanced Malware Protection is a leader in security effectiveness and TCO.Learn More
Heartbleed Assessment Webcast
Assess and mitigate industry risk: Join Cisco Experts.Watch Now
Features and Capabilities
Centralized Management, Tracking, and Reporting for Web
The Cisco SMA simplifies administration by publishing configurations from a single management console to multiple Cisco email and web security appliances. You can manage updates and settings centrally on the Cisco SMA console rather than on the individual appliances. Alternatively, organizations can dedicate specific appliances to individual applications in high-volume deployments. Fully integrated reporting consolidates real-time traffic data from multiple Cisco email and web security appliances.
Primary web tracking and reporting capabilities of Cisco SMA include:
- Records individual web transactions - IP address, username, domain name, time, etc.
- Tracks employee use of Web 2.0 applications – Facebook, YouTube, and IM
- Aggregates web tracking information in real time and displays graphically
- Identifies websites, URL categories, and applications accessible via company devices
Centralized Management, Tracking, Reporting, and Quarantine for Email
With Cisco SMA, you can manage updates and settings centrally rather than on the individual appliances. Message tracking aggregates data from multiple Cisco email security appliances, including data categorized by sender, recipient, message subject, and other parameters. Scanning results, such as spam and virus verdicts, are also displayed, as are policy violations. It also:
- Tracks and reports on message disposition, URLs, and other email attributes
- Consolidates email security quarantines into a single repository
- Includes anti-spam, anti-virus, Outbreak Filters, policy quarantines, and more
Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement
Centralized reporting and tracking helps to determine which users are in violation of acceptable use policies. It also:
- Identifies policy infractions across any department or site
- Monitors the use of Web 2.0 applications such as Facebook and YouTube
- Tracks visits to URLs in categories such as "gambling" or "sports"
- Provides visibility into email policy violations based on incident severity
- Enables drill-down from reporting to Message Tracking for further details
By centralizing the management of multiple appliances, administrators can enforce consistent acceptable use policies across the organization.
Enhanced Threat Protection
The Cisco SMA delivers a comprehensive view of security for greater threat intelligence, defense, and remediation. That includes centralized management of email spam quarantine, comprehensive threat monitoring across multiple web and email security gateways, web reputation scoring, and botnet detection. The SMA's reporting capabilities can also be used to identify and address key activities and trends for data loss prevention (DLP) and remediation.
Specifications at a Glance
|Large Enterprise||10,000+||Cisco SMA M1070||For large enterprises with multiple Cisco email and web security appliances|
|Built on the latest generation of appliance hardware, the M680 is the highest-performing model in the Cisco SMA product line|
|Medium-Sized Enterprise||1000 to 10,000||Cisco SMA M670||For organizations with multiple email and web security appliances and up to 10,000 users|
|For midsize deployments; built on the latest generation of appliance hardware|
|Small Business or Branch Office||Up to 1000||Cisco SMA M170||For organizations and branch offices with fewer than 1000 users|
*Please confirm sizing guidance with a Cisco content security specialist to help ensure your solution will meet your current and projected needs.